Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a bit of an oopsie and spun in the snow into a drystone wall.

I've trashed the front bumper, smashed a headlight and dented a wing.

I've just bought a new headlight from ebay for 35 pounds so the car is drivable,

Anyone know approximate prices for a new bumper and front wing fitted and painted?

cheers

collisster

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
what colour is your car mate. if i were you id pay a visit down to some breakers and get find a car the same colour as yours and just take the bits off and onto your.

Wing will probably set you around 30quid and a bumper around 40-50. Job donw in under a hundred quid and they will be genuine parts aswell (provided they are the original ones on the car) you'll just have to fit them which is easy.

·
Registered
988 Posts
As above really, Get it from a breakers yard (there are a few that go via ebay too) just try to avoid non OEM parts, as replica parts never fit quite right and are not the same quality.

Note you may have also damaged the crash bar (or whatever its called) that lies behind the bumper - big piece of metal that absorbs the impact of the crash.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
had a closer look today in the light,

The wing isn't too badly damaged, its just on the apex where it meets the light, bent a slight amount, could be pulled back and filled i reckon.

New light is on its way.

Front bumper and moudling is trashed so i'll be needing new ones

bonnet is sound and lower splitter looks ok

I only hit the wall at about 20 mph so the slam panel should be ok.... fingers crossed!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah it wouldn't be a genuine bumper but it saves time and effort.. cant be that bad a fit tbh but i'm going to look around.

How much is the going rate for painting a bumper? around 100 pounds as you say?

cheers

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
yeah it wouldn't be a genuine bumper but it saves time and effort.. cant be that bad a fit tbh but i'm going to look around.

How much is the going rate for painting a bumper? around 100 pounds as you say?

cheers
Roughly yeah. Think Jake at Panelcare was charging around £80 or £90 to do them not so long ago.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.