Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, I'll be replacing my rear brakes on my 1.8t this weekend , and have been also been thinking about lowering, so might aswell kill 2 birds with 1 stone,

currently im on 17's and was thinking whats the best to do, get some lowering springs or save up and get coil overs, i will be going onto 18's in the summer most lightly,

What size springs will i be after 35mm/40? or can i go lower without hitting arb

thanks in advance sam

heres pic of car

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
save up and get some coilovers, purely because you have that option of how low or high you want to go. with springs you dont have that option. JOM cost only 150quid they're good quality and the ride aint too bad either. Quite popular with alot of ppl on this forum.i also have them on my golf.

with the springs its only untill you lower 45/50mm + that you get arb issues...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for fast reply,

another quick question, what is the difference between cheap coilovers eg jom, and jamex compared to ones like tein and k3 variant ones are these more for track cars?

or is the ride more comfortable?

·
Banned
7,104 Posts
more comfortable, better built and ride better.

loads of people buy joms tho, personally id fit a good set of bilstein dampers and eibach springs, will look nice, handle properly and ride right.

if you really need them to be adjustable then save up and get KW coilovers.

all imo of course.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
more comfortable, better built and ride better.

loads of people buy joms tho, personally id fit a good set of bilstein dampers and eibach springs, will look nice, handle properly and ride right.

if you really need them to be adjustable then save up and get KW coilovers.

all imo of course.
the billys on my bora are leaking and feel horrid. the joms on the A3 still feel sweet as a nut. im gutted i spent over the odds for a flash sticker on my coilovers.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
like anything you buy, sometimes the expensive things last longer,better quality etc etc.

but having said that theres a few people on here who have had their JOM's over a year with no issues what so ever. so it comes down to personal preference. Go for the JOM's with that sort of price you cant go wrong! decent ride quality, overall performance, obviously height adjustment, ride quality etc. its all good!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts