Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Apparently not, they aren't very strong and once removed they wouldn't be in the same shape etc. I bought textured black ones from VW last week, for a 5 door they were £14 for front and £13 for rear if I remember correctly.

Then I sanded them down last night, and they will be sprayed and fitted on Friday.

Thats your safest option.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh right, could you let me know how it goes please and what you did or any problems you come across etc and how to remove exhisting ones

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'm leaving them into a bodyshop to get done. Much safer that way - Ive tried to spray things before myself and it hasn't turned out too well. I'll let you know how much they charge though?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Ending up getting mine done, cost to get them sprayed and fitted was £50. Decent enough price I think, and makes a big difference.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The front bumper trims just pop off... I managed to get a friend of mine in a body shop to supply and and paint a new pair for £40...

On the other hand he quoted me £210 for the side trims as VW primered parts are bloody expensive!!!

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Calm down dipper! I thought eddie meant textured black.plastic on the inside of the door as mine isnt textured on the outside!

I just read it wrong! Jesus christ! Whats with the attitude!

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
No need to use strong language - it makes you appear to be the person with the 'attitude'! To be fair, the first post was quite clear.

To the original poster - a member on here painted his door trims in situ. If you remove them the clips break so he just masked around them very carefully and painted them on the car. There is a photo thread somewhere which gives you the full story.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts