Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i tryed the spraying with my rear bumpers and they turned out ok-ish but they were still not as nice i wanted them.
So i have done the front bumper today and i think it has turned out good except 1 tiny bit of running paint.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

tell me what you think.
i kno that the car is a right dirty maddam atm but its really cold and im a wimp..
lex[Y]

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
good job mate deffo looks better. but i still think it needs a good run down with 2000 wet+dry and a good polish up. its this pit that gives it the shine. just make sure you have a nice amount of laquer on before trying this..... [;)]

whats next?

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Nice work there.

If you want them to look better and really shine you'll need to compound polish the paint.

You can, if your really really careful adapt a foam polishing head to fit in an electric drill and use that, I have done this before I got my rotary polisher with very good results. You will also need to get some G3, G6 and G10 polishing compound from your local supplier (about ?6-7 a bottle). Keep it wet (use your mums favourite water sprayer she uses for the ironing !!).

You'll be amazed how good you can get it looking but just be careful and go slowly and gently. If you've got the bottle to do what you've done already, I'm sure you'll suceed and it'll look amazing.

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
3M do a compleat polishing head for a drill and it is about 60mm round with screw on
heads very easy to use and i can get a supply if anyone is intersted[Y][Y]

i use these loads and are really good for doing small bits of paintwork

Andy

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dont worry about running paint lex, that can all be smoothed out after, i noticed in the close up the finish looks a bit dull, how much laquer did you apply?
the laquer can started spraying big drops, and it was well shaken and still quite full but i only used abit becuase it dryed drippy.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is a pic of the polishing compounds I use. You can also see a foam polishing mop in it's plastic bag.... you can mount these in a drill.

Posted Image
cheers mate i will get on to it at the weekend when i next try to wash it.
the match doesnt look right becuase of the dirty car but i hope when its all polished it will look good?
cheers
lex

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah thats Woodstock my little cocker
hes alright at times but he has a habbit of running round my car with a massise stick in his mouth and hits my car with it.
hes a ginger git
lex?

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
3M do a compleat polishing head for a drill and it is about 60mm round with screw on
heads very easy to use and i can get a supply if anyone is intersted[Y][Y]

i use these loads and are really good for doing small bits of paintwork

Andy
I'm interested !

Sounds perfect for the nooky-cranny areas you can't get to with a rotary.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well when i get the anni front off you it will look amazing and i will shortly after get the rear anni too? but that will force me to get the sides too?
i think i will do the rear valance if i dont get the anni one.
i will need to get some more paint first
lex

1 - 20 of 22 Posts