Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys drink?

when i drink i generally go for wkd blue all of the time, i absolutely love it!

but, I'm looking to get into my drinks a little more, try different things and appreciate decent drinks

i've got quite a sweet tongue

i've just bought some sambuca cos its delicious with lemonade (or straight up!)

any ideas?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
If you go abroad get some Jack Daniels Single Barrel. It a ltd edition JD that is 50% (100 proof) and tastes sublime. So much easier to drink than normal JD. On the net it is priced at ?50 but in duty free it can be had for ?23-25.

It comes in a cool bottle with a cork top too [:D]

·
Registered
881 Posts
Mainly drink cider on a night out (magners/strongbow) then later on there may be a few JD & cokes [:p]

Revolution bars also do some pretty decent drinks, from what i can remember of saturday just gone anyway [:S]

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Im a vodka drinker ....all the time.

Find it best to drink with red bull (or the cheaper kind if at home) ..and you can experiment with other mixes, Sprite, coke etc and when you get ragged just drink it straight.

Favourite Brands are Absolut, Finlandia and Vladivar which can be picked up at most supermarkets.

Other than that its JD + coke.

Theres also that super strong Archers, only had it a few times but i think its 37.5% and comes in peach or raspberry flavour, that is really sweet but addictive. Usually find it next to the bottles of Vodka.

Cant drink beer much as after a few pints i have no where to cram all the liquid.

Absinthe is nice every now and again, especially the imported PROPER stuff

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cant drink beer much as after a few pints i have no where to cram all the liquid.

Absinthe is nice every now and again, especially the imported PROPER stuff
i know what you mean, it just bloats you out

i noticed they're selling absinthe in sainsburys now (obviously not the stuff you're talking about). i remember when wetherspoons did it for a short spell, good shock to the mouth/system that one!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
You'll like JD and Coke if you have the sweet tooth.

Also Malibu....oh and doogies (I think it's doogies anyway!)
That'll be dooleys you mean bud, toffee flavoured liquer.... quite nice!
Dooleys, thats it, knew Doogies didnt sound quite right! I think it's rank, but still, sweet enough!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Stella or kronenberg...... any other beer tastes like waterd down donkey pi**.

when im in the mood for spirits OUZO is my preferred tipple.

·
Registered
333 Posts
What do you guys drink?

when i drink i generally go for wkd blue all of the time, i absolutely love it!

but, I'm looking to get into my drinks a little more, try different things and appreciate decent drinks

i've got quite a sweet tongue

i've just bought some sambuca cos its delicious with lemonade (or straight up!)

any ideas?
Presuming your a bloke, dont your mates take the pi*** when you order a 'girls drink' at the bar ??

If you frequented any of the pubs near me you would certainly get 'funny looks' for drinking any sort of alcopop..

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i am indeed a bloke, and yes i've had the piss ripped out of me but i've been ordering 'alcopops' for years now so we've all moved past that.

i'm not a great fan of beer and wouldn't drink it for enjoyment and i have a sweet tooth so wkd blue all the way!

·
Registered
333 Posts
i am indeed a bloke, and yes i've had the piss ripped out of me but i've been ordering 'alcopops' for years now so we've all moved past that.

i'm not a great fan of beer and wouldn't drink it for enjoyment and i have a sweet tooth so wkd blue all the way!
A few points about alcopops.....

Alcopops dont get you drunk,
They are expensive,
You can drink them far too quickly,
They leave a furry tatse in your mouth,
They make the opposite sex think your gay if they see you drinking them (ask any lady).. therfore destroying your chances of ever getting with a woman and finally having to sacumb to being a sausage jocky for the rest of your life.

Thats why choose to drink beer ! LOL[:D]

You could always drink beer in the pub and sneek a small bar of chocolate in with you to satisfy your 'sweet tooth darlink'[:p]

only joking matey... each to their own......

·
Super Moderator
8,768 Posts
Not sure about sweet spirits but my choice at the mo:

Glenlivet

Bombay gin with tonic

and when in the privacy of my own home........sherry [:$] ...............although I'd never risk drinking it in a pub for fear of being mistaken as a reciever of swollen goods....who dear? me dear? gay gear?........how very dare you.

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol

they do if you drink enough

fair enough but not that much more than beer in some pubs and not too bad in supermarket

yes you can, gulp gulp gulp

not any worse than beer

i'm engaged, don't need to attract anyone

the funny thing about wkd blue is that i could literally drink it any time of day and i could constantly drink it if it was alcoholic.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not sure about sweet spirits but my choice at the mo:

Glenlivet

Bombay gin with tonic

and when in the privacy of my own home........sherry [:$] ...............although I'd never risk drinking it in a pub for fear of being mistaken as a reciever of swollen goods....who dear? me dear? gay gear?........how very dare you.

Posted Image
i'm partial to sherry and port, never drunk sherry in a pub but i usually pop down to my local on crimbo day for a port and cigar

·
Registered
942 Posts
Gordon's Gin and Tonic is becoming my favourite tipple now. I do also like plenty of Real Ales like Bombardier and the Marston's Ashes Ale (definitely not for Aussies).

·
Registered
188 Posts
For a sweet tooth.....

Malibu & Pineapple

Vanilla Vodka & Orange Juice

White Russians

On the beer front how about Hoegarden or Erdinger??

And if you must drink blue drinks, stick a shot of port in there to liven things up and have yourself a Cheeky Vimto...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts