Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all my drivers does'nt work when trying to lock the car, but it does only turn from 12 o clock, to 3 o clock, and from 12 to 9, if you get me it does'nt go round and round, any idea's? if i can solve this problem i'll be able to lock my car please help before some little sh*t help them selves. Also my passenger side only locks that door, but the centrel locking button inside does all doors???????

My mk4 is driving me mad and the only time it make me smile these days is when i hit boost.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi all thanks for reply, i have just pulled out both locks, and the drivers one has the long spade bit snapped off, is it possible to either

1. remove clips from both, and use the spade bit from the passengers for the drivers?

Or

2. both locks look identical either way up would it not just be possible to flip them upside down and fit the passenger one into the drivers side and vice verser?

That way i can code key in and de-lock both doors

thanks for reading, Dom.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Manage to fix my drivers spinning lock, and code in my fob, now alarm, immobilisor, centrel locking & full closure is working without spending a penny, RESULT.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers mate would vw sell that part on its own? All i done was remove both lock barrels and swap the paddles over, i tried flipping them over first but that did'nt work lol. after i had fitted both barrels back in i started the car to check if it would still start which it did lol, so turned it off, shut both doorsleaving a window open and locked it using the drivers door and it worked, i was so happy [:D], put the key in my pocket & as i did must of hit the lock button and bam up goes my window, my fobs have never worked neither has the alarm, so tonight will be the first time since i've had the car it will be lock & alarmed [Y]

All i have to do know is figure out why my passenger side door sometime sticks and wont open, i've adjust the cord ( not 100% i done it right) but still the same, any idea's on that one, problem only occurs once i lock then unlock the car.

Love this site and thanks so much to everyone who has givin me help or advice, i will sleep well tonight knowing she's secure lol. [Y]

·
Super Moderator
50,234 Posts
They sell almost all the lock parts seperately,very cheap as well but still cheaper to buy the whole lock in one go than buying it a bit at a time.

Chris.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All i need now is one paddle to put back into the passeger side as just put the boken one from drivers side in to hold all the bits together.

Any advice for my sticking passenger door, also it seems to drop slighty when opened or bounce up slightly when shut, there seems to be no movement in the door itself though?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts