Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,734 Posts
Grez, With 130mph in a 70 and 57 in a 30, I hope you don't drive near me or my family. I don't want to get on my high horse, and I am not whiter than white, but I am glad you got a ban. 85 on a motorway, I see no problem depending on conditions, but 57 in a 30 is pretty unacceptable. Let the flaming begin.

· Registered
2,734 Posts
Without doubt driving at 57 in a 30 is far more dangerous than at 35 and anybody who does not see that is a fool. If you were to walk out in front of someone at 30 they will be able to stop in far shorter distance than someone at 57, therefore in a lot of cases the guy traveling at 30 will be able stop and not hit you, whilst the guy at 57 will still be doing 30 when you are hit. Speeding is not black and white as we all know that if you drove though a town centre at 29mph within the speed limit with your eyes closed you will kill someone within seconds. You mention that doing 35 in a 30 or 75 in a 70 is still putting people at risk, correct, but so is doing 20 in a 30, there is no speed of any kind without risk. It is all about reducing that risk. The risk of traveling at 57 compared to 30 is significantly higher. As above I stated that I do speed, everybody does, but there is a huge difference between slightly speeding in the right circumstances and doing nearly double the limit is a residential area. My personal view is that Motorway limits should be increased depending on conditions, so am not part of the anti-speed brigade, just someone who would like to live a little longer.

· Registered
2,734 Posts
The point was that you would not get hit and killed at 30 if you were doing 30-35 before you saw the obstical, as you would have time to greatly reduce your speed or stop. You would only be hitting someone at 30mph if you were doing much greater speeds such as 57mph. I am not on my high horse I am stating facts. Grez has made a mistake, and more before when he got stopped with a bald tyre and doing nearly double the speed limit. You cannot keep making mistakes without paying for it somehow, either with a ban or having to face the parents of the child you just mowed down and splatted all over your car. Try giving compassion to those parents. The idea is to live life and learn its lessons, Grez has just taken a little while longer to learn the lesson, if he has learnt it at all. I have not got on my high horse once in all of this, I have just pointed out the various forms of speeding that exist.

· Registered
2,734 Posts
Quote: posted by blazedoobie on 08/10/2004 10:30:33

)

Note: No children were harmed in the making of this thread.

Mores the pity, the little blighters knocked on my door last night. 'Trick or Treat' already, Feck off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.