Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
71 Posts
Grez - reckon you got away lightly mate.

I was caught last year doing 136MPH on the motorway down to Folkstone - 6AM, empty road, not a car in sight and newly resurfaced road.

Cops stopped me and said it was a good job I slowed down to 100MPH-ish cause their cars can only do 130MPH and they were losing me [8D]

Well did all the paperwork, told me it would have to go to magistrates court as over 100MPH, I was kaking myself, ban inevitable, not a nice start to my holiday. That was August last year - had nothing since.

How lucky am I [:)][?][:)][?][:)]

Go on, someone tell me there's still a chance I'll get done [}:)] Never had a single point on my licence either - not in 15 years of driving!

Never drive anything like that fast anymore, 90 my limit nowadays - nothing like cops/speeding/magistates/ban/fine/points to chill down the right foot.

· Registered
71 Posts
Quote: posted by MattC3156 on 06/10/2004 17:02:02

You can't get done now as there is a 6 month time limit for the prosecution to be heard at court. I'd say you've been very lucky!!

I heard that they had 6 months from the date of the offence to put the case before the magistrate, then obviously the magistrate can take it's time to inform you, so you could still get something through even after 6 months. Having been 1 year, 2 months I think the chances of that happening are pretty slim - fingers crossed, I've learnt my lesson, track days only at that speed from now on [:I]

I was lucky tho, I'd have got the fully monty if it have gone to court.

· Registered
71 Posts
Quote: posted by blazedoobie on 06/10/2004 16:10:42

Let us know the re quote...i am waiting a court date for a 61 in a 30 (dual carrigway, and thought it was a 40) sitting and waiting....anticipating... I used to have aclean licence

Got some advice for you, friend of mine caught doing exactly the same 61 in a 30.

Did you know you can plead guilty by post and not have to go to court? That's what my friend did, but when you get the papers there's a box that allows you to plead mitigating circumstances. Take time over it, helps if it was a clear road, no pedestrians, good weather, good view ahead, basically anything that would lessen the serverity of an accident at 61 as opposed to 30. Clean licence helps your case too.

He got 4 points and ?120 fine, no ban, no court hearing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.