Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I start the car, I can get the N/S A pillar speaker to make a pumping (deep , low volume honk really) noise when I turn the ignition on prior to the volume coming on...speaker works fine though.

Weird...not a worry either but any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
50,244 Posts
As above it would make it possible to diagnose your problem of you told us the exact details of what equipment you have fitted that's causing this problem?

What headunit,what amp and what speakers?

Chris.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As above it would make it possible to diagnose your problem of you told us the exact details of what equipment you have fitted that's causing this problem?

What headunit,what amp and what speakers?

Chris.
all original installation VW stuff, nothing added so coming up to 10 years old in September! (radio and cassette head unit), with VW 6CD player, I notice that when it starts up on the CD it doesn't make the pumping noise...or I don't notice it if the volume kicks in quicker on the cd???

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So this only happens when you actually start the car and only on radio?

Chris.
If you turned on the ignition and waited for all the lights to go out it would pump once then, and then started the engine it would do it again (as radio powers off when starting engine then comes back on), and yes, I think only on the radio.

If you thrust key in and start engine straight away (say if engine warm) it would pump only the once as radio has no time to come to life when ignition is on...

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Must be an internal fault inside the radio in that case,time to join the rest of the civilised world and upgrade to aa CD tuner I reckon?

Chris.
what would you recommend just to drop in Chris?
Anything would be better than a Gamma,this chosen at random is one such unit....

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/sony-cdxgt35u.html

Chris.
So that and the VW wiring adaptor shown and Bob's my Aunties live in lover? Seems good, I take it my 6 CD player can still be used (Old school and all that!).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts