Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want good quality speaker upgrade that will be straight plug and play with as little messing about as possible. For both front and back (already have these in place)
My current set up of MFD sat nav along with a Bluetooth adaptor that works great with my iPhone, however I just want better sound quality from better speakers.
i understand the MFD unit will be restricting the quality however I want to keep the OEM look and feel of the MFD in addition to some decent speakers.
Is this something that is possible? If so any speaker recommendations please. Thank you.

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
again they all do drop in sets... pioneer/sony/kenwood/JVC and than there are the high end car audio brands like jbl/infinity/alpine/groundzero/ etc etc etc all have plug and play sets for the mk4 golf.... just pick a brand and go for them.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I want good quality speaker upgrade that will be straight plug and play with as little messing about as possible. For both front and back (already have these in place)
My current set up of MFD sat nav along with a Bluetooth adaptor that works great with my iPhone, however I just want better sound quality from better speakers.
i understand the MFD unit will be restricting the quality however I want to keep the OEM look and feel of the MFD in addition to some decent speakers.
Is this something that is possible? If so any speaker recommendations please. Thank you.
MFD won't restrict anything.
You need amplifier for fronts if you want good sound quality. Also sound deadening doors is must in Mk4s.

I run in front doors Focal Auditor Rip kit 6.5in components with Pioneer GM A3702 amp and MFD as head unit. It sounds very, very good. Also done sound deadening.

Rears are some cheap JVC connected directly to MFD and I use them just for rear fill, but lowered on fader in sound settings.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Not prepared to include a sub, or sound deadoning maybe include an amp. I just want some speakers that handle the sound better than the standard ones. I have my home surround and speaker systems in my home that can do a much better job. Car im not too fussed however upgrading the speakers alone is all i require and just need some recommendations on easy fit speakers with separate tweeters.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MFD won't restrict anything.
You need amplifier for fronts if you want good sound quality. Also sound deadening doors is must in Mk4s.

I run in front doors Focal Auditor Rip kit 6.5in components with Pioneer GM A3702 amp and MFD as head unit. It sounds very, very good. Also done sound deadening.

Rears are some cheap JVC connected directly to MFD and I use them just for rear fill, but lowered on fader in sound settings.
thank you are these your speakers? Focal ASE 165 Auditor Series 2 Way 6.5" Car Door Component Speakers 60w RMS Pair (carelectronicsnottingham.co.uk)
Your amp? Pioneer GM-A3702 2-Channel Bridgable amplifier (500w) : Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

What kind of work is involved to fit everything? cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts