Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oks one of the guys in the studio at work with has a Skoda Fabia estate 2001 and he had a flat and his spears flat so i siad could use my as it has the same fitment and ill bang one of the flats tyers in myn so if i have a flat the RAC guy wont cry that i didnt have a spear, any how was sat at my desk and the thought went though my head [*-)] i kew the tyer was brand new and the steely was brand new as i checked it before i got the car but as i haven't ever needed to use it i haven't even looked at it but i never checked the stud pattern. so when out to the golf, YEP new virgin tyre and a new 4stud Steely [brick] so now i have to get a new steely for my spear at least i dont have to get a tyre.

So the Question is were the best place to get a 5stud steely without a tyer ? want it cheap as i well probably only use it for about 10miles if i get a flat and about how much to swop the tyre over

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spears!?
Ohhh.......SPARE tyre!
And eBay.
lol a mix of Angry typing and a bit of dislexia i think lol corrected now [Y] would i be able to get one from a tyre place? or would they be expensive ?

Thanks mate,

·
Registered
29 Posts
Failing Ebay, get a price from VW. Last time I asked Skoda for a price on the standard 16x6.5" steelie I think it was about £50 new.

I ended up buying a full set second hand for £80 though.

Try your local scrappy too....

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Failing Ebay, get a price from VW. Last time I asked Skoda for a price on the standard 16x6.5" steelie I think it was about £50 new.

I ended up buying a full set second hand for £80 though.

Try your local scrappy too....
£50 . . ill go look round my scrappys lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts