Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Phoned my local dealer and have just been quoted ?186 plus they have my car for at least half a day [:O]

Is that right all I want is an indentical spare key incase the kids MOVE the one I have[;)]

·
Registered
287 Posts
at that price, call hiom back and ask him if you have to have your trousers down when you turn up!!

Buy a key off ebay (make sure it;s the same frequency as the one you have now)

Some key cutters can cut you a new key, so call around.

You can reprogramme the key to open the doors yourself, go on vortex and search.

You need either the dealer, or someone with VAG com to programme your key to the immobiliser.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Buy a key off ebay (make sure it;s the same frequency as the one you have now)
How or where do I find the frequency??

Some key cutters can cut you a new key, so call around.
I tried a place called SLKC or something like that but they need the partnumber and stuff where is that??

You can reprogramme the key to open the doors yourself, go on vortex and search.
Will do!

You need either the dealer, or someone with VAG com to programme your key to the immobiliser.
How much does that cost roughly?

So what price should I ideally be looking at?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm pretty sure they have enough space mate[;)]

Anyway my missus called and said she found the receipt of the car and
it has spare key written on it so the shop i bought it from will
re-imburse me, and they recommended Citygate in Ruislip who will do it
while I wait (if they're not busy) For 150 all in.

Well the price doesn't bother me now it was they fact my bint has no other means of transport.

Cheers for your help.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
You mean KLCK.........top place for cheap keys

For a flip blade key & remote we charge a total of ?125, that includes coding

?186 & needing the car for half a day is just a joke, 15-20 mins MAX is all it takes

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you work for them?

I called earlier but they needed Part numebrs and stuff I can't see that.

Hounslow is much nearer where I live.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
The instructions available on the web in various forms will only open the doors, you need the SKC code to be put into the fob to 'talk' to the immobilsier and start the car - dealer job.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
The instructions available on the web in various forms will only open the doors, you need the SKC code to be put into the fob to 'talk' to the immobilsier and start the car - dealer job.
or someone with VAG-com?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
You still need the SKC code - it's only available from dealers (they don't hold a database, they have to request it from Germany)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
To me the whole SKC thing is bullsh*t, if you can prove you own the car with the V5 then why can't you get a piece of information you are entitled to?

·
Registered
524 Posts
most of your questions are answered on the Vortex thread so I won't bother filling up this thread
That's not very helpful !! Especially when the search function doesn't seem to work on this site. Why bother posting at all ??!! A link would have been good at the very least !!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts