Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just added a set of 20mm spacer to the rear.........kindly donated by a cookiemonster (thanks pal)

Also removed the rear mud flaps.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I like em, lots!. I should have done it ages ago.

Rb

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Looks nice! What size tyres do you have?

I am thinking about doing this. Do you have any before/after pics? Do spacers make any difference to ride/handling? Are they difficult to fit or do they just clip on and bolt the alloys back into place?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mate

-Wheels are 18's

-Not sure about the ride, Its not been off the drive yet

- Just make sure you get a set of alloy hubcentric spacers. They just sit on the lip of the hub, behind the wheel. (fitting them is ajust s simple as putting on the wheel)

Posted Image

The only down side is you will need a longer set of locking nuts.

Rb

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Thanks mate! Will need to look into it further! Nice choice in taking the mud flaps off too! [Y] Looks alot better now!

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
Can you spot the little photoshop mod?.

Rb
is it on this one mate? background blurred with the car in focus? Looks good anyway!

Posted Image

Now, see if you can spot the photoshop mod on my pic thread! (see sig) [:p][y]

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
looks great mate,

just out of interest, i notice you have a yellow i in your gti badge, does that mean anything or is it just yellow

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The yellow i means nothing special.

I have have used the same color on the caliper and a badge on the grille, looks ok against the green. If my car was any other color I think I would have used red.

Posted Image

On the issue of photoshop, yes I have blured the background but what I was geting at for cookie is I have choped out the golf badge, Im toying with the idea but part of me thinks it looks a little un balanced. thanks for the guess though

Rb

·
Registered
179 Posts
Looking good dude!

Where did you get the spacers from? I've been thinking about for mine.

Have you driven it yet? A nd if so how dose it feel?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Looks good, anybody know where you can get the spacers, along with new locking nuts+longer bolts? Think I would go for around 15mm, Does it make your wheels rub on the arches easier?

Jason.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The wheels dont rub on the arches, I have the car lowered on koni sports socks and springs and run 18's wheels.

so far the ride seems unchanged, so far so good.

however I will need a set of longer locking bolts anyone know what size I need?.

Rb

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hi Rick,

Try calling these guys, it's who I got mine off and they were the cheapest Mcgards I could find (£30.00 inc delivery)

Dalstone motors on 020 7254 9796

Pretty sure you will need 45mm with having a 20mm spacer, just tell them what wheels ( to determin if you need cone or rounded bolt seats, or you could whip one out and have a look) and what size spacer you have and they will sort it out.

HTH

Carl

·
Registered
504 Posts
Is this car lowered yet?? I'm after spacers for my RS4's but my car is -65mm at the back but going lower soon. I thought 15mm would be enough with this drop making the ET20.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts