Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was last years............

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/blogs/uk-mkivs_articles/archive/2005/07/17/Essex_RR_day.aspx

So what about this years one?

Some "southerners" trekked up to Awesome for a Rolling Day, so how about we hold a day here, in the south?

It would be at WRC at Silverstone.

http://www.wrc-tech.co.uk/services-rolling-road.htm

We now have information..............

thanks to RS GOLF for finding this lot out......

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Provisionally booked a rolling road day for the 3rd June 2006<o:p></o:p>

Cars required no less than 12 and max of 35 cars<o:p></o:p>

Cost for each car:<o:p></o:p>

Between 12 - 19 Cars will be ?58.75<o:p></o:p>

Between 20 - 29 Cars will be ?45.00<o:p></o:p>

Between 30 ? 35 Cars will be ?35.00<o:p></o:p>

A ?10 deposit from each car would be required two weeks prior to the event.<o:p></o:p>

The problem:<o:p></o:p>

They seem to have the same problem with the 4 Motion Golfs as everyone else. They can?t get accurate rolling road figures for the 4x4?s, but it does sound very similar to how Awesome GTI rollers work.<o:p></o:p>

They can give a figure, but it is normally lower than what the engine power really is. <o:p></o:p>

For example on a 4x4 car if the fuse is pulled (two wheel mode), the power of the engine would show e.g. 235 bhp but on the rollers in 4x4 mode it would only be 200-210bhp which would show the power is down, but it is not? it?s only due to the Haldex system on the rollers.<o:p></o:p>

Awesome GTI gave us an example, not 100% whether these figures are correct, <o:p></o:p>

A standard 225bhp Audi TT on the rollers at Awesome gave figures of 190-200 bhp, so it would appear it?s down on power, but in two wheel drive mode (fuse pulled) it would record the power at 225bhp.<o:p></o:p>

Basically they can give figures for 4x4 Golfs but it will appear lower than they actually are.<o:p></o:p>

Not sure what you want to do now?. I guess it depends whether the 4 motions will be running their cars and if they are prepared to run their cars on the rollers, but are willing to accept lower than normal figures. <o:p></o:p>

Or<o:p></o:p>

Go back to the original plan of Engine Advantages if the 4x4 Golfs are not willing to pay to go on the rollers and get lower than normal figures?<o:p></o:p>

so it the hands of the 4x4 people.................

do you want to run, but with non accurate figures......or, and it is an or, run with fuses pulled, which, i know isn't good.

However, we do nee to get 30 cars though, else it could be quite pricey.......

I think politically its a bad move to go to AmD, there will be loads of people pull out, or shy away. So they are out of the equation I think.

So............discuss.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

It would be at ENGINE ADVANTAGES in Witham, and the people that attended last time found the rollers true, infact, that are reputably accurate.

No idea of cost, thought last year it was ?30 for two runs and a print of the best one.....

So.......whos up for it?

(i know no dates are suggested, but if last year was anything to go by, it might be a case that we fit in with them when they can fit us in.)
I'm up for this Essex.... this is a great idea.

Are we going to try and get this into a magazine this time around?

and if we are, can we make sure we get some great shots of owners next to their cars to provide to the mags..... and also great pictures of everyones cars and not the s elected few like last time.

Do you want me to try and approach some of the mags to see if they are interested?

I'll PM this to a few people from the Awesome GTI Event and ask them to spread the word[:D]

·
Registered
398 Posts

and if we are, can we make sure we get some great shots of owners next to their cars to provide to the mags..... and also great pictures of everyones cars and not the s elected few like last time.

Do you want me to try and approach some of the mags to see if they are interested?

I'll PM this to a few people from the Awesome GTI Event and ask them to spread the word
Big Smile [:D]

Sounds like a plan Kev........Mr Organiser in full flow.....LOL.....will hopefully get up to see you boys for this one...[Y][Y]

·
Registered
4,749 Posts

It would be at ENGINE ADVANTAGES in Witham, and the people that attended last time found the rollers true, infact, that are reputably accurate.

No idea of cost, thought last year it was ?30 for two runs and a print of the best one.....

So.......whos up for it?

(i know no dates are suggested, but if last year was anything to go by, it might be a case that we fit in with them when they can fit us in.)
I'm up for this Essex.... this is a great idea.

Totaly agree with kev about all

oh and essex ............Some of "southerners" trekked up to Awesome for a Rolling Day........

yes some did , thought you might of made the trip [:p] lol

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was going to make the trip, but then decided that my little putt putt wouldn't have been as "impressive" on the rollers as most, and not worth wasting peoples time for, as in someone else could of had a turn on the rollers......

photos will be far more abundant, the problem i personally found was the heat in there!

hopefully we can sort this out for pre "summer".

as for mags etc, i'll drop neil birkitt a email, and any other input will be greatly received [Y]

if this is going to be supported then i might pop there one lunch time this week to get prices/dates....

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
i was going to make the trip, but then decided that my little putt putt wouldn't have been as "impressive" on the rollers as most, and not worth wasting peoples time for, as in someone else could of had a turn on the rollers......

photos will be far more abundant, the problem i personally found was the heat in there!

hopefully we can sort this out for pre "summer".

as for mags etc, i'll drop neil birkitt a email, and any other input will be greatly received [Y]

if this is going to be supported then i might pop there one lunch time this week to get prices/dates....
lol ya motors quick isnt it , im sure i see a thread where ya had done wayne .....lol

well it will be a good event i will def come down , not sure i will run my car on it as ,

they say they have a four wheel rollers , but on 3 trips to them that i have done they have had to pull the fuses , so it will run on 2 wheels , not sure if i wana put my car through that again ,

migth be worth letting people know this as im sure there will be people not wanting that to happen to their 4mo or r32 and if they have driven a few hundred miles , they wont be happy ....lol

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol ya motors quick isnt it , im sure i see a thread where ya had done wayne .....lol

well it will be a good event i will def come down , not sure i will run my car on it as ,

they say they have a four wheel rollers , but on 3 trips to them that i have done they have had to pull the fuses , so it will run on 2 wheels , not sure if i wana put my car through that again ,

migth be worth letting people know this as im sure there will be people not wanting that to happen to their 4mo or r32 and if they have driven a few hundred miles , they wont be happy ....lol
its quick, and yeah, i did wayne, but then he's old....... [;)]

and i wouldnt mind timing this so that he has got his s/c fitted.......

mean while, i want to check with these guys that they will be able to run 4wd cars PROPERLY......

·
Registered
4,749 Posts

its quick, and yeah, i did wayne, but then he's old....... [;)]

and i wouldnt mind timing this so that he has got his s/c fitted.......

mean while, i want to check with these guys that they will be able to run 4wd cars PROPERLY......
yer that would be good to see results of the s/c

well im sure they will blame the car when you ask about running 4 x 4 drive and say its the haladex system making the rear wheels go slightly slower ie 2 mph that afects there rollers

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Essex are you referring to VW Motoring Mag?

Do you think they would be interested in something like this?

I was thinking more along the lines of Golf+ or Perfomance VW

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'd do this, pending on the dates. I've exams through May and first week of June, but anytime in April before that or anytime in June after that will definitely be doable.

Neo

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Put me on the list please!

Cheers Kev [;)]

GaryM and the Northern Monkeys - we haven't forgotten you said you would make the trip South [:D]

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
GaryM and the Northern Monkeys - we haven't forgotten you said you would make the trip South [:D]
I'm just waiting for GaryM to post a response....LOL...LOL...[:D]

I've PM'd a couple of the Northern Monkeys (sorry Guys) [:D][:$]and hopefully they will spread the word to the others.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

its quick, and yeah, i did wayne, but he was going backwards at the time....[:p]
now now......thats just unkind, he's a little old, but he does know the difference between forward and reverse......lol...lol....

·
Registered
438 Posts
If im at home when the date comes, Ill be there no doubt, but if im
Bath Ill doubt Ill make it. Obviously wouldnt go on the rollers, time
wasting!

Peter

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.