Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of any meets in the south, Hampshire/Surrey area.

I know of Fleet (every 2nd wednesday every month)

and heard there is one in Guildford (not just dubs) too!

Please post any up and comming meets.

Thanks

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hey!

Yeah, as you've seen in your other post the fleet one is on.

The guildford one is basically a boy racer night! Not been there myself (too scared of the chavs!!) but its called guildford cruise and i think its on the first or last sunday of every month.
HTH?

Which part of Amazingstoke do you live?

Iain

·
Registered
558 Posts
Theres a meet in Basingstoke at the Chinearm Arms every month. Flys unofficially under the www.designadubs.co.uk banner. Can't remember when it is each month, but if you check the forum they'll remind you. Usually get 5-10 cars with the usual mix of the range.

I'm in Kempshot Park next to Hatch Warren. Where are you guys?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Theres a meet in Basingstoke at the Chinearm Arms every month. Flys unofficially under the www.designadubs.co.uk banner. Can't remember when it is each month, but if you check the forum they'll remind you. Usually get 5-10 cars with the usual mix of the range.

I'm in Kempshot Park next to Hatch Warren. Where are you guys?
I haven't heard of the Chineham one.

Do you know Matt Edwards from here, he's top bloke from Kempshott Park!!

I live in Farnborough but work in Viables.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm from Lychpit area - 2 mins from Chineham!

A few mates live across Kempshot/Hatch Warren area so down that way alot. Normaly trying to catch my mates MR2 on the way back to mine! - I'll catch him one day!

Anyway. . .

Are any of you guys going to the Fleet meet tonight?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Can't remember a Matt Edwards and haven't seen any special goofs around the estate - apart from a N-reg mk2 valver (?) which I pass parked up on a daily basis.

Standing at a motorway services isn't really my idea of a meet - I prefer the comforts of a pub with outdoor heaters and diet coke on tap etc - more civilised. There used to be a big monthly meet in Bracknell. At its peak it was getting a good 40 cars each month.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Did I hear my name??

Yep, Im in Kempshot Park, Rycroft Meadow to be exact. I haven't seen many "nice" Golfs around Basingstoke so what does everyone drive so I can keep my eyes open?

I can't make tonights meet but there is a meet/cruise control fitting in Thatcham soon
http://www.uk-mkvs.net/forums/230037/ShowPost.aspx
Or maybe we should arrange a Basingstoke meet as there seems to be quite a few VWs around the area.

Matt

·
Registered
558 Posts
Don't know Rycroft Meadow...I'm in Breadels Field. I bet I drive past your road on the way out of the estate every day, its just I don't pay attention.

Lets arrange a meet at the Chinearm Arms. Its got outdoor seating right next to a decent flood lit car park and has outdoor heaters. I know its the other side of town from Kempshot Park but its the best pub for a meet.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lets arrange a meet at the Chinearm Arms. Its got outdoor seating right next to a decent flood lit car park and has outdoor heaters. I know its the other side of town from Kempshot Park but its the best pub for a meet.
Who is going to arrange this? - i'm a total newbe with this, so have very little contacts to make a decent meet! but think cineham is a perfect place!

Might see ya tonight at Fleet!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Matte, was that you sitting up my arse about a week ago (Silver Anni) coming out of sainsburys?

I live off Broadmere, the last building site/war zone/nightmare that Wimpey have done....

There is a Black anni and a Blue MkV with chromed wheels that Ive seen parked together but thats on the Kingsoak bit......

·
Registered
210 Posts
Matte, was that you sitting up my arse about a week ago (Silver Anni) coming out of sainsburys?

I live off Broadmere, the last building site/war zone/nightmare that Wimpey have done....

There is a Black anni and a Blue MkV with chromed wheels that Ive seen parked together but thats on the Kingsoak bit......
Hi Mate, no it wasn't me as I sold my Golf at the start of July and it's now somewhere in Devon.

I live in the "Kingsoak bit", Rycroft Meadow, there was a black
anni just round the corner from me, but they sold that a couple of
months ago for a Saab 9-3.

If I see you I'll give you a flash, I'll be in a white 307 until the end of September then I'll have my shiney RX-8.

Matt

·
Registered
674 Posts
Ah, thats ok then! [:D]

Yeah, I knew the black one on the left thats been replaced by the Saab (which looks like thats for sale now too). Used to think that was you....

You had the Black leather right? I think we met at the BP in houndsmill once....

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ah, thats ok then! [:D]

Yeah, I knew the black one on the left thats been replaced by the Saab (which looks like thats for sale now too). Used to think that was you....

You had the Black leather right? I think we met at the BP in houndsmill once....
I had an Indigo Blue 5dr with black Recaro leather and RS4's, I cant remember meeting at BP but we did meet at the Basingstoke meet last summer

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.