Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and just finding my way round and was scanning through the regional meets postings to see if any were held in the South coast area (Hampshire, Porstmouth, Southampton etc). Having gone through quite a few pages couldn't see anything and was wondering if anyone knows of anything going on or being planned for the future.....[:)][?]

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Neal,

West Sussex club gti meets are held the last Sunday of every month at a pub in Patching (not far from Chichester). Some MKiv owners attend on occasion, although usually when promted by others. There are no specific regular uk-mkivs meets in the area, although 1 or 2 have happened in the past.

The West Sussex club GTI meet is run/organised by john wintle on this forum.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Marc, I'll keep a look out on the forum. Patching isn't too far for me so I'm sure it will be worth a look.

Cheers,

Neal.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think that the nearest one to us is in Guildford that seems to happen once a month I haven't been for a while tho, don't know when the next one is.

·
Registered
459 Posts
maybe its time for us to get a uk-mkivs meet organised for every month etc, seems to be quite a few from the southcoast area on here now

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds a good idea to me Glen. There are plenty of good places around this area for a meet. Any ideas on how to go about arranging something?? being new to the forum and all I'm not sure .....

Thanks Mark for the Guilford info..about 45 mins away so not too far.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Basinstoke Meet 2mrw night if your interested.

Check the FEELER BASINGSTOKE MEET post from me....

Bartons Mill Old Basing (map on the post)....

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Good lcuk with trying to orgainse a south coast meet. I've tried a couple of times but trying to pin people down is a bit of a mare!

J.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys for the Links to the Basingstoke meet. Won't be able to make it this evening which is a shame but I guess its on again sometime?

Mark, thanks for the Guildford link. I'll be up for that.

Cheers....[:D]

·
Registered
459 Posts
its a shame that some good monthly meets take part in the week, i work till 6pm and have an hour drive home in a citroen c15[:(]

·
Registered
122 Posts
Come up anyway glen last time I was there most people didn't get there until about 8. You don't have to stay out to late I wont be as I have to get up early.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Quote: posted by CarlT on 04/08/2004 22:02:59

We had a meet in Ringwood - Hants about a year ago !

Anyone organising another one? Im here for another 3 weeks, would definetly be up for it (got some changes coming this weekend...)

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Quote: posted by Mikedav on 05/08/2004 22:34:45

(got some changes coming this weekend...)

new wheels mike [?] Have you gone for those Bimoto replica's [?] If it's a secret, don't worry.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts