Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Are you tuning or staying standard? If standard then the sachs standard tdi kit for the Mk3 tdi is silent and if tuning the sachs VR6 is an excellent choice. I'm currently running the VR6 one myself and really can't say it's all that noisy at all and it's only at idle. Much nicer than the dmf anyway.

Both those options are a good bit cheaper.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
5 or 6spd? Which kit in particular? You can find the regular G60 flywheel for quite cheap on ebay and forums and the sachs VR6 kit can be found online for like £120 although I have seen people getting cheaper deals.

If you have a 5spd then I'd highly recommend the sachs VR6 smf over the regular dmf, it's just sooooooo nice, I love mine.

I find the biting point more positive, pedal is super light and the clutch can take a fair amount of punishment all day long. There is a little bit of noise at idle but really it's just not worth moaning about it's that insignificant.

If you have a 6spd though I'd just go with a decent dmf, I've heard the rattle is really bad with them for some reason.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.