Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody going up to Awesome on the 14th Jan from the South West/Midlands? Add your name and location here and if there's enough of us it may be worth going up convoy style[:D]

I'm in Worcs so would be going M5 > M6. Maybe we could meet up with the massive South East posse en-route (if they're going our way - not actually looked yet!)

EDIT: We will be meeting up with the South East cruisers at 8.15am @ Stafford Services.

List of people meeting at Stafford:

- Golfgirl

- Mat20vt

- Spanner

- Sem

- Stunt

- Redbeard7

·
Registered
571 Posts
I'm going from Leamington Spa, so M42, M6.

Where shall we meet?

I've organised with Tylerama (Dan) to give me a call when the big convoy gets on the M6, so we will be able to join up with them quite easily.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts

Where shall we meet?

I've organised with Tylerama (Dan) to give me a call when the big convoy gets on the M6, so we will be able to join up with them quite easily.
Mat and Claire - Please pm your mobile numbers if possible. Just in case we need to ring one or all/any of you for some reason, ta [Y]

I will be trying my best to coordinate the "meeting up with each other at the same time and place" bit from the passenger seat of kev's car.. it'll be interesting alright [:p] [:D]

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I'd like to let you "none" locals know, the M42 from M40 jct to M6 now has a variable speed limit like the M25, & the cameras are LIVE !

·
Registered
931 Posts
@ tylerama
will let you know number when i know when i'm going up. might see bout geting new exhaust on the fri, stay overnight somewhere close 2 awesome ready for sat. shud know by sat!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Where shall we meet?
How about Ikea at Wednesbury or Stafford Services?

coming up from gloucester, so m5 then m6 route for me 2!
Where do you fancy meeting? Can meet you just off Junction 7 or at Frankley Services (first available services)? Or we can just go independently and meet at wherever we stop to meet Sparrow?

Tylerama - will your Southern lot be passing either of the places I've suggested to Sparrow? If so, might be a good meeting point for us all.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, it's been decided on the South East Cruise thread that we will be meeting them at STAFFORD SERVICES between J14-15 of the M6 at 8.15am!

Anybody else going up on the M5 that wants to meet before Stafford, let me know!

·
Registered
931 Posts
@ Golfgirl , will be easiest to meet you with the rest of the "gang" at stafford. i'm guna hopefully get there early and try get some breakfast! [:D]

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Don't expect us to be on time, something (or someone [;)]) may make us late - and it does of course assume no major traffic problems!!!!

C

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Don't expect us to be on time, something (or someone [;)]) may make us late - and it does of course assume no major traffic problems!!!!

C
Are you referring to me and my well known rubbish timekeeping ? If you are [:p] [;)]

I'm coming from Wolverhampton so will see you guys at Stafford services.
Brilliant ! Someone else i've not met before ! [Y] [:D]

·
Registered
471 Posts

C
That someone'll probably be me... I'm notoriously bad for getting up in the morning... [:p]
Looking forward to meeting all of you guys!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Can't miss out on this, I was going up a little later......but what the heck I'll just get up earlier and meet up with everyone at the services.

R

·
Registered
301 Posts
Everybody still going??? Just been to jet wash the Anni.......Is it 8:15am or 8:30 am?? the South East post says they will be at Stafford Servics by 8:15am

Tom

1 - 20 of 26 Posts