Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

south wales meet (next date set for 11th november 2012 )

North Wales 
40K views 788 replies 36 participants last post by  colinmeadows 
#1 ·
mods i dont know if this is in the right place but if not feel free to move but your co operation with this would be very very grateful thank you...

right then chaps my self and a few of the fellow members have decided we are going to get a meet sorted out for the local valley boys we are arranging a meet at the pen y fan pond im presuming its in pen y fan i will put a list up and if your going to come just add your name to the list all are welcome be it local or not we will try and keep it vag related if we can as that is why we are on such forums if your mates are coming along in their 1.2 massives i would warn them that they could end up with their cars being pushed into the water haha so anyways if your interested as its not something we do often then get your name down on the list and meet the faces behind the words it is all in the planning at the moment so dates are open for discussion as we want to make it easy for ppl to be able to make it thanks for taking your time to read and i will hopefully se most of you there

here is a link for the location with postcode etc just in case you want to know where it is

"VALLEYS VAGS"

SUNDAY 11th november 2012

12.00pm

http://www.thevalleys.co.uk/attractions/pen-y-fan-country-park-p112901

the post code took me just around the corner but it is sign posted on the roundabout as pen y fan pond so just head for this and you cant go wrong

cheers guys and gals

andrew

See less See more
#8 ·
Ok, pen y fan it is then!...but llandegfedd Res is much better! ha :p

Might pop up there tomorrow, take a piccy see what ya missing! lol [:D]

Would of been nice to get my TT Comps back on before meet, not going to happen! lol...

Sun 6th May might be good, Bank Holiday weekend, not many working Mon I hope! lol

Put me down when ever!

#11 ·
I hope you get this going lads, I've suggested a meet (and one closer to the valleys collective) numerous times over the years and it never gets going.

Bank hols weekend will be a struggle for me as due to be away but I'll try my best to come along if I can

#12 ·
Not that its anything to do with me as I'm never gonna be there as its one hell of a trek from London lol..but y don't you do your little weekly meets then once a month or even every other month do 1 like smack bang in the middle of Wales for all of you..

#14 ·
loso thats a good idea mate but trying to do once a week is a pain as not everyone can make it so we are just gonna try to sort this one out with the hope we can get it somewhere as danz as said you try and get together but it always falls through but this is looking good at the moment fingers crossed

and dai thats a cracking name mate simple and says what it is

danz il put you down as a maybe for now until you know for def mate

IF ANYONE HAS GOT A DECENT CAMERA AND KNOWS HOW TO TAKE A DECENT PHOTO BRING IT ALONG ON THE DAY

#15 ·
I think loso has the right idea, the reason the meets always seem to fall through is due to distance. South Wales is a big area and in the past it's been impossible to please everyone with a location thats acceptable to travel to.

Although weekly is a big ask at current, the idea of meets in local areas and possibly a bigger South Wales meet every now and again is a good shout.

There are big numbers of uk-mkivs members from South Wales these days (seen loads join since I did 4 years ago) and we really need to get something going. The London boys have great meets, all know and help each other and attend shows together, I travel down there (my brother lives down that way) for the camaraderie that's missing around here.

Although I can't commit to bank hols I'm 100% behind sorting the 'valley vags', cully gti i will do my best to attend mate. These things normally start with few numbers but if a few stick at it then the numbers will grow [Y]

Motivational rant over.............

#16 ·
danz i agree mate i have got a date set now 3 weeks away its not a big busy weekend or bank holiday as far as i know so should be ok for most i know its not a great lenght of time but if its left to long it will wittle away if we can sort meet out and see how it goes we can arrange for another a bit later on work it around the bigger shows etc

cheers danz i appreciate your help with this big thanks

#26 ·
just hope the weather is better than it was today or we all be needing life jackets lol

and a bump c'mon guys of the valleys newport cardiff swansea pull your wallets out and fuel up get your name down and turn up hahaha

theres a good 15-20 at the moment so wont be to bad and a mix of mk4 and audi etc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.