Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just wondered where to source the above from? I have a 5 door car and want to replace all four to the main doors as I believe these are now letting some moisture past due to age. VW just quoted me £43 for just one of them, so told them where to go! [:mad:] Does anyone know of a suitable patten part or similar for a more sensible price?

Wigster.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Same problem here - £43 front and £36 rear. Bit the bullet and ordered them. Would be interested to know if you sourced other than dealer seals

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah - most bits are usually available from non-OEM outlets, so it may just be a case of tracing the original manufacturer to get the saving. Fingers crossed. I'm sure as anything not going to pay that kind of money just for a few small strips of rubber though! [8o|]

Wigster.

·
I ate a big red candle !!
10,384 Posts
Are they easy to replace?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
You think thats bad! I had to pay 130quid for a mk1 cabriolet seal a few months ago[:O]

Have you tried GSF, they might be a little bit cheaper than the main dealers?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Dealer was the best bet so far as I'm concerned. The price of around £40 is fair in my opinion, since the door seals are more than just lengths of rubber - they have metal internals, impregnated adhesive and a section that matches the headliner. Plus, it's keeping the water out of the car!

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
i to have the same thing on mine. if i jet wash the car i have a small trickle of water drips over the plastic between the door and front seats.

is it this 1 numbered 8 - 9 your on about? i remember laughing at VW when i rang them.,

Posted Image

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
mine are well manky now with holes (rot?). They trap moisure and the door sticks shut if its cold :(.
put vasaline round the door rubbers. solves the sticking problem. i dont it with this years snow, worked a treat.

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i to have the same thing on mine. if i jet wash the car i have a small trickle of water drips over the plastic between the door and front seats.

is it this 1 numbered 8 - 9 your on about? i remember laughing at VW when i rang them.,

Great diagram that. [Y]

It's No. 10 that I'm after, is this the same for everyone else?

Wigster.

·
Registered
183 Posts
i got some great ones from breakers and high level break light and door mirror cover all for £5.00 was made up vw wanted over £80 just for the top seal that clips in the roof from front to back.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I was looking into these too Wigster. Maybe if you order 10 they will give you 10-20% off - ask and maybe arrange a group buy as plenty folks seem to be thinking about it...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts