Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys im looking to get a double din head unit but im not sure which one to get iv got two in mind but if anyone else has any better ideas the two im thinking of is the kenwood ddx-6029 and the Panasonic CQ-VD6503

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Hello mate

I have the DDX-7025 in my car and it really it a very good bit of kit to have

you can conect so many things to it such as

Navi

i-pod

ps2

Rear reversing camera (NEXT IN LINE) for me

and so many other things

not a small price tag but with built in AMP it can work wonders with factory system and looks nearlly OEM

Andy

·
Registered
873 Posts
Don't own any of these but mabey you could do some research. All seem like amazing bits of kit for the money:

DDX-6027: ?469.99 http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4099.html

KW-AVX700: ?549:99 http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4866.html

KW-AVX706: ?549.99 http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4876.html

CQ-VD6503: ?599.99 http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4867.html

IVA-W200Ri: ?599.99 http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4659.html

Im really trying to save up for one of these lol, but i just cant save money.

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
LOL

I know and if it was not for my work i would not have my install[:p]

i was working at a dealer in south germany and right next door was a small audio shop and al i could see all the time were porsche?s and all sorts of top class motors pulling in so i started to nose around and got a deal on my compleat system

i fixed the guys car C55 AMG with about 3-5000 pounds worth of hail damage and het fitted my car out with some brank new top of the range sounds [H]

mind blowing!

and an awsome sound to match

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi guys i went to bass junkies audio dealer today, had a look at the panasonic and alpine double din units dont like the panasonic it sticks out far to much compared to the kenwood and the alpine is pretty much the same. As for audio features the kenwood seems to have more than the alpine but pretty level with the panasonic. The screen is similar on all three but the graffic display is pretty dull on the panasonic im not sure if i can change the display picture or the colours but it looks the most likely one for me to go for. Has anyone else got one that could tell me about it thanks

·
Registered
410 Posts
Well i used to have the kenwood in my bora and was a great unit lights match dash perfect and was a great unit to use. I have not seen the alpine but loooks a good unit to. I fit loads of these units but must say most my customers go for the kenwood and all love them. Also i have kenwood satnav which i think is prob the best out there for ease of use and detail.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cool the one i looked at is the kenwood 6029 but also had a look at the kenwood 8027 wow its nice but pricey only down side its got smaller screen about half an inch

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
what you need to do is find a shop that has a kenwood setup and get a good film in it and then you will make your mund up mate[H]

the picture is so crisp and clear probalby better than a plasma if you ask me and with the sound system i have conected to my kenwood DDX-7025 and with the film DAY AFTER TOMORROW playing you can feel the ice crack let alone here it [li]

·
Registered
410 Posts
To be honest half inch would not make alot of difference in car. But the 6029 is a very good unit. Only reason i have changed mine is i am building a 7" screen into the dash just for a different look for my system other than that i would have stuck with the kenwood.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i know im not fussed about half an inch just that the 8027 is a bit out of my price range but it looks so nice the only thing il worry about is theft as you cant hide it thats my only major worry but i want one so much they look so cool especially with an ipod

·
Registered
410 Posts
another reason i am changing mine is theft cause as you say they are one unit. I did cover mine up by leaving the drinks holder out when parked as it hid the screen a little plus i had tints which helped other than that not alot you can do other than a custom panel that looks like standard radio.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah i know iv looked on ebay for a cover of some sort but none seem to b e available are you selling your unit or have you already got rid of it i also went on auto leads web site they have a perfect double din conversion panel only ?15 oh also how do you get all the cables to fit in as with my single din i could loose the cable below in the spare space

·
Registered
410 Posts
I never used the conversion just fitted it and looked fine. Wires are easy just get them to go behind glove box not many to fit really but loads of room behind there. I have already got rid of my unit mate as was sitting around doing nothing as i am building dash. I was building a panel to if i can find it will post pics should be around work if its still there.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
wow that will look well cool im going to start saving for the kenwood id love to get it before xmas treat myself i will look forward to your pics of the install hopefully il get mine set up to sound sweet thinking of getting a centre speaker for the surround effect i might try to make a panel to fit over the face to hide it but the drinks holder out sounds like a good idea did you do your own tints

·
Registered
410 Posts
No dont do my own tints tried it once never again will leave that to people who know what they are doing lol. A panel is not jard to do just depends what you want it to look like. The one i was building used the front off an old gamma unit so when on looked like it was standard with blank panel at bottom so nothing special. As soon as i get started on the install will post some pics up so get an idea if its going right way.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts