Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, cut a long story short, by the time my insurance renewal is up i will have been driving near enough 2 years, 19, 1 years ncb (touch wood) Insurance on my 1.6 mk4 golf is set to be about £1k, i've got £2k saved for insurance. What can i get with a bit more go? Its SLOW for a 1.6, 1.4 8v 106's keep up ;(. Do i keep it for another year and save some more for something nicer? The golf has 65k on the clock, 2004 reg, so i should get back just about what i paid for it (£3500) probably get £3200 back. So thats about what i would be looking at spending. Basically what do you think i could buy and insure for ~£4500.

Cheers

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tempting, buttt, there still a bit slow tbh, really heavy :L unless you get a late 150 ko3s or 180 and map it to 220, that might be workable :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm, got a quote for £2k for a 2003 1.8t, golf, hrrmmm, only thing is my current golf has some mad interior rattles, as they all do afaik. Worth looking at an a3 1.8t?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stop the press! can get a 2002 a3 sport, 180bhp quattro insured for £2.2k... HMMMM, now that is tempting. 220 on the remap, probably 230 with panel filter and a decent exhaust on before the map...

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Peugeot 106 GTI. Quick ol' motor in something that weighs the same as a shoe. Handles well too. Just don't expect much impact protection when you stack it [:cool:]

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Now lads, i said fast, not 0-60 in 10.1 seconds :L thats hardly faster than the golf im in at the moment. I know it will map well, 180 bhp, but at the same time, it still wont be THAT fast. Why does the pd150 remap to 190 bhp? thought they were the same lump and turbo?

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Now lads, i said fast, not 0-60 in 10.1 seconds :L thats hardly faster than the golf im in at the moment. I know it will map well, 180 bhp, but at the same time, it still wont be THAT fast. Why does the pd150 remap to 190 bhp? thought they were the same lump and turbo?
come see me and ill take you for a spin.

was playing a little tonight and it was wet and going round a long corner it hit peak tourque and tried to spin the wheels.

106 gti's are fast (had one) would rather have the firsty diesel mk4.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts