Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lent someone some money last year but tey still havn't paid me back. I've asked for it loads of times but every suggestion I make they have another excuse, it wasn't even that much money but now their just taking the p*ss. There's no point in threatening them because they won't have any money on them so anyone got any ideas as to how I could get it back?

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Unless you have signed T&C's there is no way you can lawfully get the money back, your word against there. It is a learning curve though. I lent ?900 to my mate a couple of years ago and he paid me back every month plus interest. There was a lot of trust there though. However, no signed statement or anything so if he had decided to walk off, nothing I could do. Don't sound like a very good friend!

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Sounds nasty to me

and i have been there and it was not a small amount

i lent it to a so called friend so he could set up his new buisness 2000 quid in total[:mad:]

so i went round and removed a LOAD of power tools and such from his workshop and that was the last i seen of him!!!!

good riddens if you ask me LOL

IF he owns a car then go round and take the wheels off and then he is stuffed[Y]Andy

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
IF he owns a car then go round and take the wheels off and then he is stuffed[Y]Andy
So would he if he gets caught [N]

Just learn from the experience, you'll probably lose both his friendship (for what its worth) and the money.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeh, he used to be one of my best mates. He doesn't ever have any money any more as he spends it all on cannabis. Idiot.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
If he's spending it on drugs... shop him the the police
Will the police be interested in personal canabis use?

Even so, its not ethical to shop a friend even though he owes you money.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
If he's spending it on drugs... shop him the the police
And what makes you think the police would be inetersted in personal drug use be it cannabis, cocaine or even crack..... you'd be laughed out the station....

·
Registered
118 Posts
I don't know how little the amount was but you have three options:

1/ Small claims court.

2/ Seek revenge and probably get arrested for something or other.

3/ Understand that you've "paid" ?X to find out your supposed mate's an arsehole who you'll have nothing more to do with and just accept the loss. It's probably worth the money to find out he/she's someone you can't rely on rather than finding out in a time of emergency.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
If he's blown it all on gear your stuffed.

Does he live with his parents still ? maybe you could speak to them about it ?

Just ring up crime stoppers & report him for dealing or being a kiddy fiddler, should get your moneys worth there [Y]

·
Registered
459 Posts
Whats the effing point of the police then? Use your brains guys. If someone is registered as a drug user, they are part of a list that is screened everytime a drug related crime occurs. If the guy's habbit increases to the point that he has to steal to get the drugs.... he's a criminal. Drugs cause a massive amount crime to feed habits.

And to be honest, morally your doing your "friend" a favor by shopping him to the police as it may scare him off the drugs... then again may not. But any long time drug user isn't worth being associated to via friendship anyway. IMHO

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Whats the effing point of the police then? Use your brains guys. If someone is registered as a drug user, they are part of a list that is screened everytime a drug related crime occurs. If the guy's habbit increases to the point that he has to steal to get the drugs.... he's a criminal. Drugs cause a massive amount crime to feed habits.

And to be honest, morally your doing your "friend" a favor by shopping him to the police as it may scare him off the drugs... then again may not. But any long time drug user isn't worth being associated to via friendship anyway. IMHO
You really have no experience of drugs/users or the police have you!!! if any thing he would be better taking his mate to the GP, your attitude and perception is about 20 years outdated...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Looks like you're just going to have to cut your losses & put it down to experience. Now you know never have anything to do with him again

Just ring up crime stoppers & report him for dealing or being a kiddy fiddler, should get your moneys worth there [Y]
Although the idea sounds funny, nobody deserves to have false paedophile allegations hanging over their head, those kind of things can completely destroy lives

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
It depends on the amount you are talking about>? I would say that if it is less than a grand then cut your losses as painfull as that may be and learn from this lesson.. I would never lend or borrow money from a friend it's just not the done thing. 

·
Registered
990 Posts
Don't threaten him, go round and punch f**k out of him, or pay someone to knee cap him.

That's what money launderers would do.

·
Registered
924 Posts
i have lent money to friends before, but when i asked for it back i feel qulity...then if you keep on asking them for the money they make you feel that your in the wrong for asking the payment back!!

will

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
"Don't threaten him, go round and punch f**k out of him, or pay someone to knee cap him. That's what money launderers would do."

To be honest, I know a few "Loan Sharks" unfortunately, and breaking someones legs is the last thing they would do, 95% of people wouldn't dare default in the first place anyhow.

·
Registered
90 Posts
How about telling your mate that you have a huge bag of super strength skunk going cheap,

but you need the money up front, tell him you are goint to pick it up then either keep the money he owes you or get a bag of leaves out of your garden and tell him its is new stuff which has just come in from amsterdam!!!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Never lend money to anyone that your not prepared to stick one on.

You could sell the debt for half the amount,at least that way you get something (and so will he the first time they ask for it if he hasent got it.)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts