Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Nice of the little buggers to drop the car on the road.  Hopefully not too much damage.  Were you using the standard VW nut locks?

·
Registered
139 Posts
sad story, but regardless of what police can do [limited I'd think], it's your insurers you should be worried about

as long as you are insured all you will have to worry about is the hassle factor, luckily they didn't go to town on rest of car

good luck in a speedy resolution

·
Registered
558 Posts
Gutted for you. Wheels are easily replaced. As said before, hope the underneath isn't damaged.

I know they are a pain in the arse, but this makes me want to put more than one type of locking wheel nut on each wheel. I'll keep an eye/ear out for the wheels being sold second hand.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Unlucky m8! Hope I can track them down to buy them for cheap as they are such nice wheels! ;-) Only kidding. Seriously, I hope you get a hold of those theives and sort them out (if u knw what i mean)!!!

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
This makes me feel sick!!

I got a letter from the Gloucestershire Police informing me that my type of car is a prime suspect for criminals.

So I called them with thanks and said I suggest you respond quick if I catch the (insert own word:_ _ _ _ _ _) because you will have and amputated body on your hands.

I feel gutted for you mate[:(]

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Gutted for you. Wheels are easily replaced. As said before, hope the underneath isn't damaged.

I know they are a pain in the arse, but this makes me want to put more than one type of locking wheel nut on each wheel. I'll keep an eye/ear out for the wheels being sold second hand.
That's exactly what i'll be doing with my new rims. The vw locking nut and the McGard ones, so two locks per wheel.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
That is not a very nice sight to wake up to - thieving b*s%a$d* [:mad:]

The first thing I did when I bought my Anni was to fit 2 sets of McGuard Ultra locking nuts, yes - 2 locking nuts per wheel.

The VW ones are naff, I heard there are only 15 combinations of keys?

I NEVER keep my locking nut keys in the car......always carry them on me. During the week I keep them in my laptop bag. When I use the car at the weekend and i'm not too far from home I don't bother, just leave 'em at home.

Sorry I know that doesn't help you, but I hope you get it sorted soon.

·
Registered
800 Posts
[:mad:] Some people just know how to spoil a good thing! U'll find it's some loacl chavey who doesnt work. Sorry to hear about his mate it ain't right!

Good luck in getting them sorted, hope the bottom hasn't suffered to much. Police ay! Lazy Part timers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all your messages.

I called the police straight away to report it - they said I will get a call back with a crime reference number for the insurance claim!

I just had the standard VW locking bolts but will be investing in better ones next time.

Rob

1 - 20 of 64 Posts