Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv been looking to buy a mk5 golf 1.9tdi 105 bhp. Iv seen one advertised and its local (within 5miles [Y]) Its a 2004 with 77,000 on the clock and black (the colour i want) but it says tax and tested with some service history... this is my only worry. Can mk5 tdis be clocked/have milage took back? i dont want to be buying a car thats done 150,000 but says 77,000 [:(]

is there away i can check if the mileage is correct?

Thanks anyone? [:)]

·
Registered
915 Posts
Get the v5 document number and check previous mots as the mileage is listed each time.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Other things to look for apart from checking on the net would be the paint work, usually clocked cars you can tell they are higher mileage as the wear inside the car as well as the outside is higher, i.e. looking for stone chips.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Went to have a look at it, really nice in side and out, did a quick check on direct gov website for previous MOTs and it had had the mileage put back TWICE!!!

from 119k to 109k

the from 129k to 62k [:O]

I was gutted but glad.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Wow well done for checking it out before hand its far too easy to roll back the miles nowadays!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Someone should get the seller to say if they have any reason to suspect the mileage isn't genuine.

And then if they say it is kosher to nail the f#cker!

Just sayin'

Geeza

1 - 20 of 29 Posts