Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm alittle vexed. Walking to the car after a 12hr slog at work and found that some prat had decided to stand on my drivers mirror which was folded in. They obv broke the metal hinge right off on purpose!

A was abit lucky in that the case hadn't cracked (but the metal did!) and that I had a spare hinge without the case or electrics after a failed ebay purchase. I've just amalgamated them both to make a complete door mirror and will put it on tomorrow but I'm proper annoyed that some thicko thought their life would improve by doing it.

Rant over...grrrrr[aggro]

·
Adrian
4,149 Posts
every time i hear stuff like this, i die a little inside. I had my side mirror glass smashed a while back. Just last week some Keyed almost the entire length of my dads A6... id like to know what goes through their heads when people do things like this.

the only comforting, and annoying at the same time, thought, is that they will probably never be in the position to own something they cherish.

such a pitiful excuse for humanity [:(]

·
Pauper with big ideas
2,041 Posts
i'd like to know what goes through their heads when people do things like this.
A bullet if I had my way. [hunter]

Problem is, even if you/the police/whoever catches them, the slap on the wrist they get is no deterrent.

Very vexing situation, and I hope i doesn't happen to you again, or the OP, or anyone else on here, but unfortunately I've no doubt that it will.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'm alittle vexed. Walking to the car after a 12hr slog at work and found that some prat had decided to stand on my drivers mirror which was folded in. They obv broke the metal hinge right off on purpose!

A was abit lucky in that the case hadn't cracked (but the metal did!) and that I had a spare hinge without the case or electrics after a failed ebay purchase. I've just amalgamated them both to make a complete door mirror and will put it on tomorrow but I'm proper annoyed that some thicko thought their life would improve by doing it.

Rant over...grrrrr
Pure Jealousy m8. The only consultation we have is to see it as a compliment. I remember the 1st time i saw the dent in the rear wing of my 3dr after some idiot stuffed a screwdriver down the side of the front door and dented the rear wing trying to lever it open? Laterr thinking out of all the cars in the car park he picked mine.

Would still snap his chav neck if i knew who it was though lol[6]

·
Registered
473 Posts
they are all absolute idiots. i think sootpig hit the nail on the head. they will never be able to own something as good as it. so they ruin it for any one else.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Sorry to hear about this mate. Is it just me or is this becoming more common?? I can't make out if it is or me just getting older. I had a 4 year old Audi A4 sport a few years ago and some [email protected] walked over the roof when I left it parked up on a night out!!! The golf I own now has a 8" scratch on the bonnet where someone key'd it.

·
Registered
927 Posts
street justice should be allowed if people that do this sh*t get caught

very fortunate you have the parts already to sort it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts