Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Don't understand why you have done it mate! Dont take it the wrong way, but looks as if you have a spare wheel...on every wheel! lol

More importantly though, do you like it?

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't understand why you have done it mate! Dont take it the wrong way, but looks as if you have a spare wheel...on every wheel! lol

More importantly though, do you like it?
Anni wheels corrode mate and these are low maintenance!

Yup I like 'em. Not much difference in handling and they take two mins to clean - tick both my boxes lol!

It'll look a helluva' lot better once its decked [:D]

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Not bad....I like a lot[H] It's different[Y]

That look reminds of German Golf drivers with their winter tyres/steelies on.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Does look good Tabs, though only thing letting it down are the lead wieghts !!!

I think you need to get some black paint to blend them in.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Been given the go ahead....this looks better! [;)]

Posted Image
Tabs, I can see the reasoning. Why ruin you RC's on our crappy winter roads !! But it is not a good look.

Now what Graham has done above looks the nuts, get out that emulsion !!!! I would go with magnolia, rather than a brilliant white !! DO IT ! What have you got to lose, it looks awesome.

What about some chrome nuts.

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Woundn't even attempt doing it myself - me and paintin' don't get on too well [:S] Should have some news on white walls later this week [;)]

Not to sure on chrome bolts... I want to keep the car 'bling' free. May paint the heads black so they don't stand out too much?

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
I personally don't think it looks good at all, just the steelies that is. These are on an Anni! Kind of reminds me of those old banged up mondeo's you see going aroud with their hub caps missing.

You got to do something I reckon if your gonna keep it like that for 6 months...would you people saying it looks good do the same?!

If white walled tyres are not an option, take the wheels off and paint the outside of the rims white or something, an off white obviously. I'm talking about the 'dish' bit until the steele starts protrouding (sp) out again....damn, how do you explain this!?

I certainly couldnt drive around like that....just being honest!

Or, why not a cheap set of alloys?!

1 - 20 of 105 Posts