Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Top R - will post some of mine when broken headlight disgrace is rectified! - quality pics have eased concern of whether or not i shoild have a bolt where it looks like i should. Now i know i don't...

I know what i mean.

Kev (new R32er)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote: posted by dubzter on 27/10/2004 21:14:02

looking good mate, what tyre dressing do you use

Turtle Wax "Wet'n Black" As it is a spray, I have a piece of sponge cut to the width of the side wall and spray it directly onto the sponge, then just smeere it round, that way no overspray goes on the alloy[:D]Just make sure you wear some gloves....you will end up with black stuff round your nails and on the fingers, it takes about a week to come off your hands and about a fortnight for the wheels!!!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Looking lovely, and loving your old Anni, gorgeous colour mmm

Looking forward to seeing it, surprised not seen it about Glasgow, don't see that many.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Quote: posted by R32Kev on 27/10/2004 19:36:36

Top R - will post some of mine when broken headlight disgrace is rectified! - quality pics have eased concern of whether or not i shoild have a bolt where it looks like i should. Now i know i don't...

I know what i mean.

Kev (new R32er)

Kev are you talking about this picture -

http://www.tyresmoke.net/gallery/albuq45/DSCF0003

If so, there shouldn't be a bolt in there or so I've been told. Apparently a bolt is screwed in here to release the tension for cambelt (?) removal?

Anyone know for sure?

Jeffers

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Hell, i didn't even notice the tints on my laptop screen...must of been at the angle where it starts to distort the colour. I suppose they are different, but not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Firstly, The "missing" screw....is not missing as you said, I noticed it one day when I was filling with oil. As previously mentioned, apparently it is for tensioning, I only thought it was missing because the hole is threaded.

Secondly: The blue was tints which I had..up until February till I queried my insurance company about them and asked their position. They said that they do not cover any car with tints (and the "law" is that you should have no less then 70% for side windows. The blue tints only come in 35%, so 100%-Manufacturers tint(say 5%)less 35% for my blue tint only allowed 60% light through (therefore illegal and car not insured)Thought that this was too BIG a financial risk to be taking!!!!

Personally, I would have the tints tomorrow if it were legal, but as you said, people have their own tastes, I just felt it stood out more than the "standard" R32 or ones with the traditional black.

·
Registered
766 Posts
got to say i liked the blue tints on the 32 as u say very different and totally stood out, seen another 32 also from glasgow [:O]

2 in the one city, spoooky lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote: posted by gerard on 29/10/2004 20:18:02

got to say i liked the blue tints on the 32 as u say very different and totally stood out, seen another 32 also from glasgow [:O]

I actually know of 7 R's, 3 blue, 2 black, 1 indogo blue and a red! All in the "Glasgow" area

·
Registered
766 Posts
lol yeah didn't mean there only 2 r32's in Glasgow[:D][:eek:)]

ment 2 blue r32s with blue tinted windows lol

yours and i used to see one running about round where i work

·
Registered
473 Posts
Quote: posted by geo_nr1 on 29/10/2004 23:41:22

I actually know of 7 R's, 3 blue, 2 black, 1 indogo blue and a red! All in the "Glasgow" area

lol yeah I know all about the Red R32, I'm sure he'll remember my car aswell [;)] lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote: posted by D17ONA on 01/11/2004 13:22:46

Quote: posted by geo_nr1 on 29/10/2004 23:41:22

lol yeah I know all about the Red R32, I'm sure he'll remember my car aswell [;)] lol

Will ask him all about you the next time I see him!

·
Registered
473 Posts
lol you know him, so its from East Kilbride then?

See it about there a few times, and thats when we both had a wee play heading towards the whirlies, unless its a different one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts