Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

As I posted in the Lounge, i'm new to these forums after treating myself to a MK4 GT TDI 115.

I love it to bits, and do have some plans for it, starting with the valances being colour coded.

I would just like to share some pictures that I took of the car today, and would appreciate it if anybody cold tell me the exact colour code for my paint. I believe that it is Tornado Red?

View My Golf

Regards,

Craig.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
there is a post on here sumwhere with colour paint codes but if you look in the 1st page of your service book the paint code will be there! also it should be in the boot under the carpet! yes it is tornado red! and a very nice colour and car you got there!

i was after a 115pd tdi but insurance meant could get 1! so had to settle for the 1.6 gas guzzler in my opinion for what it is!

whats the car like to drive? is it quite responsive? any plans for a re-mapp?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its awesome to drive.

When the turbo kicks in at about 2000 revs it feels wicked.

It's so smooth and solid, i'm over the moon with it!

Yes, I do plan for a remap at some point, perhaps around Xmas time, maybe before depending upon cash flow :)

Regards.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
so when u drive it hard u still getting 50 odd mpg???

1.6 is bad on fuel! i average 37! and for what it is thats rubbish really

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey,

I'm avergaing 46MPG at the moment, and thats driving through town every day. Hardly any motorway miles at all.

The other day, I reset the trip computer and was doing 80 in 6th, averaging 68MPG for about 10 minutes before I came off the motorway.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
80 getting that many mpg! [:(] i want a diesel now!!!

ah well im only spending ?25 a week on petrol! getting a good 200miles from that

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
thats still some good going! I fill up ?40 every week or so, and mine only does around 230miles! [:S][:'(]

Must be something wrong there!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
how do u drive it thou?? and is it town driving?    i change gear at 2000rpm like the book says!! but im still not happy with the amount of fuel i use in comparison to the way i drive! keep at 65 on the sort bit of motorway i travel on!

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
majority of the driving is on an 'A' road. I rarely hit 3000 revs! mostly change at around 2500revs. on this 'A' road, i do around 60/70, sometimes touching 80.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hey that car looks really nice, great colour. If you remap it expect to get more mpg but put bigger wheels on and expect it to go down. [:'(]

·
Registered
346 Posts
re-mapp more mpg? but u get more power so i fort mpg would drop??????
If you remap your car then the extra power and torque helps the engine be less strained, well in normal driving. So you could see an increase up to 5+mpg, i did. Obvously if you boot it all the time you wont benefit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looks in good shape.

Have heard that the 115 is a good base for a re-map. (That is you fancy some extra go?).

Bodywork looks good too, nice example

·
Registered
346 Posts
Your going to get the best gains from turbo'd cars which are so easily tuneable, however you can map N/A cars but i dont think you can achieve much.

I think i read on here someone who had a revo map on his 1.6 but im not sure on what his gains were.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks again guys.

I do have a remap planned, but not for the next 2 or 3 months.
I'm going to get the valances sprayed, tints and a spoiler, and then the remap will be due!

Regards.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Nice!!
I to have recently treated myself to a 115 TDI and i totally agree with you they are an absolute pleasure to drive although i have had a few problems! (see my post The joy and misery.....)
I took it down to London on Sunday to visit my old flatmates and managed to get an average of 50mpg with both motorway and city driving..
I live near Cambridge and did the whole trip on about a tenner...
Mine is pretty similar looking to yours, (hoping to get some pics up soon) but is Grey and came with the gradual tinted windows front to back and I think what is known as the Vortex spoiler (got the notch cut out for the ariel?)
Okay that sounds stoopid cos of course they are similar, there both the same make/ model, but i mean its not modded as yet...
So happy driving and i will keep an eye on what you get up to with yours
Enjoy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts