Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eventually got around to taking a couple of quick pics of my car. Taken on my mobile, therefore quality isn't to great. Will get some better pics on early in the New Year (when my latest mods have been completed - watch this space [;)].

Posted Image

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Posted Image

<o:p></o:p>

Posted Image

Scott

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, ride height is spot on. Looks low, but still practical (can still get 5 adults in the car!!). Ride quality is almost as good as from the factory.

Scott

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers.

Yes - pics taken in KP Avenue (I am in one of the bungalows heading towards Rutherglen). Sure I will bump into you one of these days - looking forward to seeing how the Bora is comming along.

Scott

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Will be looking more carefully for you now that I know you've got a nice wee number plate.  Hopefully, my Bora will be quite unique and noticeable soon, with the Golf front end conversion happening in the new year all being well.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments guys.

Sounds like the Bora will be pretty sweet. Don't think I have seen a golf fronted Bora around the Glasgow area - could be a first!! I have a few mods in the pipeline also - know any good bodyshops local to Glasgow?

Scott

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Apparantly it will be the only one in Scotland and only the 3rd "Gora" in the UK, as far as I know. As for bodyshops, thats where mine is just now. Its at Arnold Clarks, getting some minor bits sorted after they fixed it last week when a skip fell onto it. Got to say their work is 1st class, and done very quick, although I think they might be expensive compared to some other places, but as the other guys insurance is paying, I dont care[:D]

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers Craig.

The car will look a lot worse before getting better - the next time you see it in Kingspark it may be minus a front grille (removed the number plate surround and having the holes etc smoothed over and painted) and lower rear bumper (getting it colour coded). Hopefully putting these parts into the bodyshop in the next week or two!!

Scott

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Scott,

Seen your car in the metal today at last[:D]. Was driving up KP Ave., this afternoon and saw it parked up. Lookin good mate[H]

Andy

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cheers Andy.

If you had passed earlier you would have seen me out in the p#ssing rain removing the grille and number plate surround (which seemed like a good idea at the time!!). Number plate is now relocated to the lower spoiler - just need to get the holes filled/painted now. The rear valance may have to wait for the time being as I am now in the market for a set of new alloys - will hopefully be going down the Euro Look route with a set of deep dish beauties - just need to see how much they will cost - watch this space!!!

Scott

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Cheers Andy.

If you had passed earlier you would have seen me out in the p#ssing rain removing the grille and number plate surround (which seemed like a good idea at the time!!). Number plate is now relocated to the lower spoiler - just need to get the holes filled/painted now. The rear valance may have to wait for the time being as I am now in the market for a set of new alloys - will hopefully be going down the Euro Look route with a set of deep dish beauties - just need to see how much they will cost - watch this space!!!

Scott
Yeah seen the wee plate down below the front bumper grille. Euro look will look cool, what kind a rims you thinking, Brocks? 18 or 19"? black with silver rim would look cool! Look forward to seeing the transformation happen mate.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Still to decide, but Brocks or Keskin in 8.5 x 18 (front) and 9.5 x 18 (rear) look like the favourites at present.  Think that 19s would look too big in the Euro Look style. 

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
After much debate, I have placed an order for a set of fully polished split rim Schmidt TH Line alloys. Decided to go for 17 x 8.5 all round as this will allow me to deck the car further down the line (will most likely get coilovers in the future). The wheels are built to order in Germany so delivery times are a bit vague. Have been told that I can expect a call tomorrow with more info on delivery times etc. Will get some pics on when the wheels arrive and have been fitted (hopefully within the next couple of weeks).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.