Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wouldnt mind your feed back on the car and the mods, any ideas would be great cheers, the first couple of pics are of the new wheels

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

2nd mod is the nokia in car blue tooth kit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

hope all you foto experts out there are impressed by the photos i took for a basically first timer!

oh forgot to add a picture of the car what it was like before:

Posted Image

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they are kahn rs-v's. I really like them, i got them in 18" rather than 17" or 19"

i just had a look at your car baker and love the umbrela in the back door such a kl idea!!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
they are kahn rs-v's. I really like them, i got them in 18" rather than 17" or 19"

i just had a look at your car baker and love the umbrela in the back door such a kl idea!!
The size looks good mate, you got any day light pics, LOL!! What elsehave you done to the car, looks like you have a valance on the front?

The umbrella is class isn't it, it's my 'Man Brolly', LOL!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not yet but i wil tomor, i had my brothers dig camera and he said there was battery left in it and when it came to it there was none so had to get another picture and it started to get dar but i think they are kl pictures with the background and all. i got the whole wortex kit on it when i first got the car but the paint has started to flake off on the side skirt and the back bumber where the tyres are i wil post some pic up later on.

do VW do that option with the "Man Brolly" lol

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Cheers shiuming, any tips to get them better at all
Try without flash, and stand on a tripod/some boxes or even shoot slightly earlier in the day for more natural light (but still dark-ish for that moody effect), because the flash glare shows up as spot reflections on the paint, totally washes out the number plate (which is designed to be highly reflective so no surprises there!) and also exposes the inevitable brown gunk inside wheels and arches, and on tyres especially if they've not been dressed with tyre gel (tyres only look good under intense/direct light when brand new and dressed, as they have a colouring agent in them which makes them nice and black, this wears off over time). Direct flash makes most subjects look a tad unnatural at the best of times. Just play around with different settings and angles and see what you come up with [:)]

Here are some I made earlier:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Whereabouts are you located? Looks vaguely familiar. Certainly good background for photos with the riverside flats and cranes across the water.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
shiuming thanks for the tips, my brother has told me to do a search to see your other pictures casue he said you have done amazing pictures. Thanks for the tips.

The pictures wer taken on the waterfront in glasgow on the clyde at the new development being built by Gal etc. do you know it.

yeh the wheels are on alot of sport cars etc, i thought if i was getting new wheels why not push the boat out a lil bit, only problem was the bank balance started to get swallowed up leaving me with nothing for a while lol

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Ah, then I don't know it. I'm in London [:D] Who's your brother, and did you post an intro in the new member's section? [:)]

EDIT: Just seen you joined way before me so that's why I haven't seen you in new members...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my bother doesnt know you, not meaning it in a bad way, he just looks at this web site alot, more than me and he doesnt drive a vw lol and he seen ur post and sed gd things bout ur pictures. have u been to glasgow before.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
more than me and he doesnt drive a vw lol and
Now that is cool! [:D] I just thought he might be one of the regulars here. No, never been to Glasgow, furthest north I've been is Manchester, but I would love to visit Scotland, it's on my To Do list for sure [:)]

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Like the wheels however you have highlighted the small discs behind them.  I think those wheels deserve huge discs behind, so time for a big brake upgrade.

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Like the wheels however you have highlighted the small discs behind them. I think those wheels deserve huge discs behind, so time for a big brake upgrade.
I need some big brakes aswell!

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Nicky liking those wheels mate - think M/float may have a point about the discs tho [y]

Looks a hell of a lot better either way though mate!

C

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the feebback guys,

I am thinking about tinting the windows later on in the year and getting it lowered but with the brake upgrade im just goin toleave it casue its only a 1.6 anyway so not really pushin out alotof bhp but wil keep it in mind if i get some extra money about

nicky

1 - 19 of 19 Posts