Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

some moron pulled out on me

1K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Mike. 
#1 ·
couldn't believe it some stpid b***ard pulled out on me earlier today then had th enever to say it was as much my fault as it was hers!!!

how is it my fault that she failed to stop at a give way sign!!!!

Posted Image

See less See more
#2 ·
Ach! Mate Im sorry to hear that! At least the damage is only light and you can still drive it!

But no consolation, i know what its like when you damage your pride and joy!

Did you get the number for any witnesses around that saw her pull out? Hopefully she wont pull anything when it comes to claiming on the insurance eh!

Hope you get it sorted quick and easy [:)]

Andy

#3 ·
yeah i got the guy who was walking by's number, he saw everything, the girl just followed the car in front and ended up with me in the side of her

my bonnet is slightly twisted though :S

how come the air bag didn't go off? i was going between 20-25 mph

#4 ·
Gutted for you mate, know how it feels....And suprise suprise it was a woman driver, infact your from Manchester it was probably the same woman who wrote my car off lol....

And none of my air bags went off mate and i was hit from the side and then head on into a railing...

#5 ·
Well just hope its nothing too serious and can be sorted!

The airbag sensor reacts to different impacts in different ways, and needs enough of a shock in the correct direction/s to set off the airbags. So either there wasnt enough force, or she hit you in such a way the sensor was not set off!

Some drivers just seem to follow others without thinking... The amount of bad driving you see its amazing there arent more accidents on todays roads!

#9 ·
i nearly had this happen to me yesterday at around 5:15pm, this lady in a old mark 2 (brown/burgundy) decides to pull out of a give way while i am going past, didnt even look my way, so put my foot down and just missed them by a couple of inches.

apart from kids playing on the road, thats the second most important thing that i look out for

the driver had the cheek to start shouting out her window at me, she shut up when i done an emergency brake.

#10 ·
I had a old boy who looked fresh from the pub pull out in front of me as i was going round a roundabout, i had to do an emergency stop so hard that i stalled the car and he just carried on driving. If I hadnt stopped he would have t-boned me and crushed the girl in my passenger seat. As he drove off he was swearing at me but when i followed after him and he stopped at the traffic lights he was suddenly quiet.

Had a woman dragging her brat across the road as i was pulling into it slowly and indicating, had to slam the brakes on asa she stepped off the kerb as i was right in front of her. Then SHE gave ME a mouthfull, its the kid i flet sorry for though. I drove on and didnt retaliate as i didt think it would be fair to swear at a mother in front of her child..........even though she didnt seam to feel the same[:(]

#12 ·
that looks similar to the damage i had, some numpty decided to look at a man having a fit at the bus stop and rear end me in my honda. the paramedic taking care of the person at the bus stop shouted at a few drivers in front of me to not stop and look as it may cause accidents, and sure enough it happened.

the driver was again a female, but was clearly shaken, crying her eyes out. didnt want to make things worse for her, she knew it was her fault, as i was stopped at a red light.

must of been her first car, brand new black focus, girl was around 17/18. good thing was it was right outside a shell garage. any ways, she was very good looking and tried chatting her up too, ended up buying a bottle of water for her as she clearly had problems catching her breath etc. have some pics of the damage, will post if i find it

in a way it was a good thing, as other wise i would not have the R.

#13 ·
I has some t****r in a merc plough into the back of my car at a giveway sign recently. He didn't even report it to his insurance company and i think he expected me to just drive around with my rear bumper hanging off for the rest of my days as he tried convincing me at the scene that there wasnt much damage and implied a bit of polish and some sticky tape would sort it out. Got the solicitors claiming the money back for the repairs, its just taking ages and i have no money in the mean time. I hope his insurance screw him over at renewal.

#16 ·
Nobody drives perfectly, but there are shocking numbers who do so with obviously habitual lack of due care and attention, and don't get me started on cyclists... Yes there are lots of good ones but I've lost count of the number I've seen that don't think traffic signals apply to them, followed closely by those I've nearly actually hit as a consequence - only last week I had some wazzok charge through a red light without even looking, fortunately I was, and braked in time and he was still probably totally unaware, I was in half a mind to hurl some abuse - even chase after him to do so, but what's the point getting wound up, I made the better decision to make my way to my evening out while he went on his way to his next potential accident.

I've spent so much time and money on my car now that I drive around with my mind very concentrated on accident avoidance, looking for emergency escapes should the worst happen and generally try to be prepared. Nothing would hack me off more than having some generally inobservant fool prang my Golf - my exact thought when some white van driver shunted me in my work car on the M4 last year (he was fiddling with his laptop and phone while there was clearly a temporary 40 restriction)

#17 ·
It was the sweeping generalisation that bothers me. Of course their are people on the roads who are habitually bad drivers, but to paint a picture that the roads are full of them is a sweeping generalisation. If it were true most motorways would be closed every working day.

I see people doing stupid things in their cars, but that doesn't give me the right to claim that most people on the roads are inadequate drivers. I make mistakes, everybody does, I don't want some holier than thou person to declare me a bad driver based on one instance. Anecdotal evidence is not data.

#21 ·
It really is getting beyond a joke on the roads now...

I was only saying yesterday its amazing how many idiots are on the roads, i can guarantee everytime i go out i will see someone do something plain stupid behind the wheel....
And you drive perfectly all the time? Never make a mistake I suppose?
Where did i say i have never made a mistake ???

There is a difference between making a mistake and someone driving round and not indicating once and then nearly forcing someone off the road where they should of given way, like i seen recently when following a golf...Ok that may only be one case, but my god the amount of idiots i see is amazing, its not like their making mistakes its as if they dont know what the hell they are doing....

Also i never said that everyone on the roads could not drive or that most of them couldnt....I said there are ALOT of idiots on the roads, which is true imo...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.