Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm always looking for interior pictures of cars when on the look out for one. So this is the pretty standard interior of a 2001 Golf 1.8T for anyone looking.

I'm also looking for suggestions on what to do inside with ?100. It's either the pedals or bora vents, anyone got any other suggestions of stuff I could do inside to make it even more homely!

Oh and the dog got rather excited cus he thought he was off somewhere for some reason, so I had to get a pic! How he dared get in my car after he's been running around the garden all morning getting filthy I don't know, I nearly had a panic attack!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Nice and Clean Interior mate, i reckon for you to go for the bora vents they look a hell of a lot better then the golf vents.

Sonny

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I'd definitely get the Bora vents first out of the two, ok they might be dearer than a set of pedals, but it'll be harder to fit them than the pedals, so i'd get the biggest job out of the way first! [:D]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
REALLY hard to fit?! I've done the armrest (which as you can see is now torn from carrying comp stuff around!!!) and the W8 Light, done all the ICE etc, so not too scared of ripping the car to bits.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Go for the vents, they are not that
hard to fit, fitting the illumination wiring up is a bit fiddly, but
overall I found it far easier than trying to change the pedals, there
are a real swine when the old ones won't come off. The vents are far
more noticable when driving than the pedals especially at night

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Uh ho! Not another illumination wire! Doe's it have to be hooked up to the same illumination wire as the W8 light (the plug on the back of the headlight adjustment switch) or can you hack into one of the other wires, such as the illumination for the warning lights and ASR switches. Easy to hook up the illumination on the drivers side, but I have to get a wire all the way from somwhere over to the passenger side?! [:|]

It can be done though if you lot have done it!

How much do bora vents cost then people?!

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Heres my interior included are bora vents (not wired up yet), R32 trim and boost gauge with 42 draft design pod

Posted Image

Sorry just realise padels are abit dirty and the vents are open

Posted Image

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Zeke, looking nice mate, did you do the alu trim yourself?

Also, is that a shift light in your button cluster? Never liked the A Pod gauges to be honest, just something that gets me about them that doesnt seem right, I've looked into doing the DIN slot boost gauges though, but do think that the DIN slot boost gauges look far better with the alu interiror. Why they put wood in the golfs I will never know, especially mine which is the dark wood effect! Mindyou, I got quite partial to it now! [:)]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I was gonna do the alu trim I would get it all at once! It's literally that I've been chucking 50p's in a pot when I got home and have amassed ?93, so thought i would spend it on the car. The alu trim is a bit to expensive to justify at the moment as I don't know how long I'm goin to be keeping that car and it's not going to put it up in value when I go to sell it.

It's all gone pete tong now anyway, as I'm gonna be spending that money on more cleaning materials to add to my already greedy stash! I'm saving for a place at the moment, so don't want to be spending loads on the car, just 50p's in a pot come in useful I've found! Only took abou 4 monhs and I never took any notice of how many there were!

·
Registered
942 Posts
I know what you mean when you say it is quite alot of money for the trim and it wont give much more value, but surely the Alu trim with give you more value than bora vents, you could also take the alu trim off before you get rid and then sell the Alu trim.[8-|]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You can take it off easily can you? Never looked into it. Would think it would leave marks behind? Ok, so now i'm interested! Tell me more!

·
Registered
942 Posts
With you having 1.8t GTI, the wood trim just clicks into place, just be very gentle with the two long side bits these are the most difficult, you have to push them down and out.Make your car look 100% better. [:D] The most expensive bit is new gear knob as the R line one is around ?70.[:O]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hmmmm!!! Your swaying me! I'm up for doing anything which I can put on the car and take off again. Take it these kits on ebay are complete rubbish? Might have to start getting some of the pieces together!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Becareful on ebay there are alot of sticker type trims etc, but there are some original VW stuff aswell, might be worth sending Shaq a PM see what he can do for you. Like you said just get bits and peices together, aslong as you can bear the wood gear knob with alu trim for a bit you will be ok.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts