Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i'm sunburned to a crisp once again........with the bonus of getting a tad damp today too !

Aric and I met up with Reflex and The Walrus plus Reflex's mate (big Rich) - it was proper Bo, I tell thee !

I made the mistake of not taking a fully charged camera battery which promptly drained after 50 or so shots......

......so here are mine from today.

http://tinyurl.com/b45jd

I went on to use one of Aric's Digital SLR's (in fact both) and between us we shot another 500-600 pics.

I'll try and upload tomorrow, but that's a good 1.5Gb of data !

Was a superb day and only slightly spoiled at the end by the cloudburst as we were making our way towards the exit via the commercial stands and shows.

Car of the day......... erm, i'm torn between the F430 Spider and the 996 Carrera RS in Orange........sod it! - the porker is the one for me!

Incident of the day.......Stevie Wonder driving a Black Jag S-type R into the hay bales......I don't think he even turned the corner ! (indicentally........it wasn't really Stevie Wonder driving!) [big Rich gets credit for the joke]

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
No pre-purchase tickets only - I did like the RS4 - an Audi shouldn't make that sort of noise!

Did you see the S-type hit - we caught the end as it was being pulled out, the comment had been made it was out of place in such company.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
No pre-purchase tickets only - I did like the RS4 - an Audi shouldn't make that sort of noise!

Did you see the S-type hit - we caught the end as it was being pulled out, the comment had been made it was out of place in such company.
Shame we missed you, glad you had a good time all the same. Foxy Aric & Walrus - great as always!

RS4 - as it was the Le Mans Pace Car I wonder if that car was a little "derestricted"?

Ref Stevie in the S-Typre R - we were 200 yards up the hill on the spectator bank by the TV camera. Lord knows what that car was doing as part of the Supercar demo runs, but he was clearly out to show some of the pussies driving other cars how it should be done. We all turned around when we heard a long skid and saw a black saloon car bury itself backwards in the bales, scattering marshals like baddies in a Bond film. The car only sustained light damage and no airbags went off. The TV crew captured Stevie explaining why he nearly killed the marshals to them personally and showed it as live feed on the big screen. A classic. Thanks Wigs (big Rich) for the running commentary which kept the people around us in stitches.[:D]

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Yes, it was just that time for a beer when the heavens opened and I'd guessed after a chat with Henry that you were heading down the hill anyway. We managed to see Will Gollop put his Focus off into the trees as it started raining before we headed back to the car and called it a day.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Thanks for the pictures.

I'm glad that it seems a good time was had by all attending on Friday.

I have never been, but living so close I really have no excuse, i must get to the event next year.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Reflex, Henry, Foxy and aric

I had a real good time and it was very nice to meet you all and to learn more about a very interesting sport that I am new to. Reflex, a special thanks to you for putting up with my constant knattering.

Looking forward to seeing you all again soon.

Big Rich AKA Wigs

ps, i have also posted a picture of my car. lol. Nothing special like the ones seen on this fantastic website but you will see from tyhe picture that I have a great sense of humour...

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
How you doing fella I take it you sorted the missus when you got home [;)]

Plus where is your picture or where did you you post it ?

·
Registered
442 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Sorry ReflexTDI,,
I now see the picture you post.. i don't quite yet work out how to post picture in here,,, sometime for some reason, the picture never seems to load up correctly...

I used to host all my own stuff, but since BT set limit on ADSL, i started making uses of public webphoto hosting people... Save my bandwidth and best of all,, share it out to the rest of world.....

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Ah Aric what you do is get the "properties" of the picture and insert this URL between [ img ] and [ /img ] without using any spaces. Simple as that! [:D]

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Doh.  It worked last night.  I linked to Aric's picture hosting site.  Maybe they don't tolerate this and have blocked it.  If you page through his photos (links posted by Foxy) you will find that Aric caught the S-Typre going off, in the bales, and being recovered.  Plenty of great photos in there -  really shows how a good SLR camera gives you the edge over a cheapy point and shoot digital.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hey Reflex,,, I think it was me posted the link to webshot pic not foxy.. haha ^_^
Anyway, i don't really know why, but when i try to post pic on here from webshot's link, sometime it works, but sometime it doesn't... and after spending lots of time testing it out.. i just gave up... its just as easy to use webshot site to view pic anyway... I am sure people don't want to load 600 pictures everytime visit this thread =]

PS. i didn't take that S-tyre pic going off, Foxy had the camera with long lens at the time,,, i only had the wide angle lens on,,,, so it was abit too far for where i standing.. beside,,, i am not tall enough to get above others!!!! >.< Good to see Foxy paid attention to whats going on the track. hehe

SLR is sure much better the compacts,, been using it for over 12 years.... action shot like these you only have msec to capture.. else its gone... the time lag on compacts just too slow... but they are getting better and better!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts