Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Looks good bro[Y] but i think you lose some of the originallity of what youve got at the mo.

Just a thought.....but hows about leaving the bumpstrip black?

GOOF

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Looks good bro[Y] but i think you lose some of the originallity of what youve got at the mo.

Just a thought.....but hows about leaving the bumpstrip black?

GOOF
Whats wrong with the masking tape look!

Number plate looks stupid there, does'nt suit the Golf at all. It looks like you've picked it up whilst driving, much like an annoying carrier bag.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
paint the bum strip but i wouldnt put the number plate down there because also on the bum strip it is etched out for the number plate so would look naff.

also im not a fan of the bonnet covering the lights like that but every1 has an opionion

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers bud, iv also done a p/s with the strip black, but all smoothed over, however, not sure how id be able to smooth it and make it textured again...

Its all quite a way off yet anyways, just trying to get some ideas [:)]

Edition 38 made me realise my car needs a lot more work, next up though are the little details that make all the difference, ill be getting areo wipers and spacers, im thinking 5mm up front and 10mm at the rear, just to make the wheels nice and flush [:D]

I really want my bonnet done too, not sure whether to boser or not

Posted Image

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
paint the bum strip but i wouldnt put the number plate down there because also on the bum strip it is etched out for the number plate so would look naff.
that bit would be filled and smoothed [Y]

·
Banned
4,570 Posts
i am not feeling the plate location

i would say paint the strips / or smooth them, r32 xenons

that will make the car look clean and simple - what you have photoshopped kind of defeats the purpose of the "clean" look

but thats my 2p!!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
imo if that was my car, i'd get the black rub strip painted and do the rear ones too if you havnt already done so. i have done mine but im selling soon so have aborted colour coding and will go back to black as it works out cheaper than finishing colour coding. anyway back to your car, i'd also paint the front and rear valances(if front is scuffed id buy a nice v6 4mo valance £35+vat from vw) and that would be it as number plates looks a bit out of place down there

btw thrumbs up to aereo wipers they look smart as!

i will be doing loads of mods to my tdi when i finally get her

·
Registered
191 Posts
looks really sweet mate i like it i have made a few changes hope u dont mind just for some different ideas for ya

hope ya like

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
looks really sweet mate i like it i have made a few changes hope u dont mind just for some different ideas for ya

hope ya like
love it, love it!! [Y] i think i better get saving, really like the wing vents, was never sure if it would work on my car but youve made my mind up for me

Cheers bud

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
is that a free programe to download?

im not to keen on it. i like the bumper but the vents and eyebrow over the lights im not keen on

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sorry but thats a bit [+o(] and max power ish.

btw how do you make the pictures?
max power ish? take a trip over to vwvortex mate and have a look at the pics of the mk4's. check out the heavyweights thread to see some stunning golfs with smooth bumpers, bosers etc...... max power would be a wings west body kit, neons, big ass spoilers, alloys spoilers [:S]

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
end of the day everyone has different opinions so some will like it and some won't

i like to keep things subtle.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
tbh, there are so many mk4's already like that - why not keep it how it is -its very nice and original
not sure, it not that i dont like it, but even on the car park at ed 38 it seemed a bit lost among the other dubs, thats before id gone into the show itself lol

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Ahhh, right this is my 2p.

Buy aero wipers, maybe the wheel spacers. and possibly the black grill (but i think that might over do the black?)

Keep your sidemirrors silver! Plate looks silly down that low and Boser bonnet dosnt suit imo.

Focus on your interior, your car is fine as is. Not liking the idea of wing vents either.

Btw are your side mirrors electric?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts