Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right guys heres the situation, My current contract expires end of this month, i have the Nokia 6230 on O2 250, which is 250 mins anytime/any network, with 50 txts!

I quickly run out of txts an theres not enough mins to phone someone bak, lol.

My plan is to keep the 6230 an put an O2 Genie sim in it, this will give me 300 txts for 10 a month.

But i also wnt to get the new Nokia 6681 when it comes out an hav that with mainly use for calls, so with plenty minutes.

My budget a month would be bout ?30 a month for the new contract.

So i want to knw wots the best contract out there?

Cheers in advance guys

Sam

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
i pay ?19 a month for 50 mins and 500 texts on O2 online

they used to just have a single set of contracts but now they've split them for people that want more minutes or more texts

·
OldSkool Crew
660 Posts
My contract is due to come up within the next month...

I want 300 minutes (minimum), 50 or more texts (both cross network, any time)... And also 4mb data and itemised billing.

I currently pay about ?34 inc vat for that lot on a T-Mobile "Euro 2004" offer.

I'd like to get the Nokia 6680 when it comes out... So a tarrif on a network that offers this phone is essential!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers guys, most of those hav more txt's than minutes, id prefer to have more minutes on the contract, like Josh, atleast about 300, 250 right now jus doesnt cut it.

J i think ?50 for me is abit much, cnt really afford that right now.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Orange are doing a 6 month offer of double mins. I have a SPV C500, with 400 (200 on month 7-12) and 210 Texts (150 on month 7-12) for ?30, had to haggle quite hard for it though, I wanted to keep my number, and last time I moved i had loads of hassle, so wanted to stay with Orange.

Phone is pretty good too!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
I'm with 02 and have I think 450 minutes, maybe 400 which I can use anytime I like, be it daytime, evening, to any mobile phone or landline. Don't know how many texts I get, think it maybe 50. Thats ?45.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cheers guys

Greenbeast i guess ill have to check out the tariffs, see if they got a good one for me, im with O2 now so id like to stay with them to keep my number, like stokeballon, was on Vodafone before an transferin the number over to O2 was abit of a hassle, but with O2 shud b easier i think.

But all this will hav to wait unitl the Nokia 6681 comes out anyway!

·
OldSkool Crew
660 Posts
Well, today I bit the bullet.

I got my PAC code from T-Mobile, paid 20 or so quid to get this code a month early, and I've jumped ship to Vodafone 3G.

I've got a Sony Ericsson V800 for free...

With:

500 cross network anytime minutes

100 texts

50 Minutes of Video Chat

3 months free insurance (?7.95 afterwards, if I wish to continue)

Itemised Billing

For ?40 per month inc VAT

It'll do for me!

I've just downloaded some software to add DRM to MP3 files to enable them to be used as ringtones on it, and also a converter which allows AVI/MPEG's to be converted for use on the phone, and a converter to convert the phone's videos to AVI.

Sweet!

·
Registered
794 Posts
i pay ?30 with orange for 400 mins any network any time.

400 mins after 8pm any network.

1000 txt messages

Every 4 months the company www.onestophoneshop.com give me ?100 back

so the phone costs me ?60 for the year...

for 1000 messages and 800 mins of calls

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Employee call from T.mobile......
Half price line rental too.

free text-free calls-any number-any line-any time

1 - 19 of 19 Posts