Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
OldSkool Crew
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Calling the AA out in a bit (when I get dressed!).

I'm not driving it like that!!! (even though I have been driving it like that for over a week, I didn't realise the engine wasn't bolted in!!!!!)

·
I ain't no effin padawan
1,429 Posts
I read the topic title and thought 'What a stupid question" [:D]

·
OldSkool Crew
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote: posted by Wilko on 13/03/2005 08:46:39

I read the topic title and thought 'What a stupid question" [:D]

[B)] Git [;)]

·
Registered
539 Posts
don't drive it anywhere...

Get a tow back to the skoda garage for it to be repaired...

Don't suppose you've had any work done of the car that would have involved the engine mount being taken off??

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Quote: posted by Josh_PoloGTi on 13/03/2005 09:16:55

Ahh, so this is why my car sounds like a bag of nails!

Posted Image

Great minds think alike! [:D] j/k

Thats a nasty one mate, at least you spotted it! Is this common on the Fabia?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Someone had that on a 18t golf IIRC, and posted about it on a thread about wheel hop and ARB clunking as i recall. About 9 months back though! Cant recall for sure if the thread sheared off or if the bolt just worked lose and disappeared, but pretty sure it was a bolt shearing off. I remember checking mine as a result.

·
OldSkool Crew
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cheers Simch

I just hope they can get the part in stock asap, as like a fool I called the AA from home... So I get no courtesy car [:(]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Josh,

Could have been worse, this is what I found when I took the Rocker cover off after I had thought I had a collapsed Hydraulic Tappet on my Bora PD Tdi 115 Sport.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The head of the Injector rocker shaft bolt nearest the Cam wheel had sheared off, looks like it may have been a manufacturing flaw or just plain unlucky.

The Head gasket had failled last year at 65000 miles and it has done a further 11000 miles before this incident. (All stretch bolts were changed when I did the work)

Doesn't seem to have done any further damage, was very lucky that the bolt head got trapped in the recess for the Cylinder Head bolt next to it. Dread to think what damage it would have caused to the Cam & Followers.

Regards, Steve

1 - 20 of 25 Posts