Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will the drive be good enough to help me see past that awful interior is qwhat I should have put in my first post!

J.

·
Registered
36 Posts
There's a good chance you might, but it all depends on what Audi you drive.

Something like an old A3 1.6, bet your life you will. Something like a new RS4, not a snowball in hells chance.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Well I had my first passenger ride in a new GTI yesterday and have to say I was very impressed more than I thought I would be! Not a fan of the interior originally but it has grown on me and looks pretty good in the 06 GTI... made my old 100k mile mk4 feel old anyway...

Go have a go and get rid of the oil burner [;)]

Scott

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
i was a passenger in Chris' ( CkB) mkv GTi- it didn't feel that quick..although maybe that was coz his licence is already weighed down with points. I think it does its stuff with no drama..maybe that what it is[*-)]

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had almost the same car as you J.. look what I drive now!!!
LOL..I know you where going to get an email asking your opinion but I thought you might be a little biased.

Is it that much better than your chipped Tdi? Trying to decide if I want to cough up the extra for fuel

J.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I had almost the same car as you J.. look what I drive now!!!
Same here swopped my A3 2.0tdi sport in August and had the sme reservations as you about the interior and also some negative comments I had heard about build quality were causing me some concern, pleased to report no regrets and no build issues plus the interior really does grow on you, I'm very happy now, The interior is not quite as good as the A3 but I dont think it trys to be, plus make sure you look at an 06 spec because they have the black dash as opposed to the grey which some people don't like.

The only thing you will miss about your A3 is the mpg from that 2.0tdi[;)]

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Me and sonny have both got a test drive on my brithday next week we'll
be test driving the mk5 gti and r32 as our dealers have got 3 gtis all
dsg and 2 r32's [:D] not bad for a 17 yr old going on 18 lol.

P.s they forgot to ask my age. lol

P.s.s more to the topic I'll tell you next week once ive test drove it
[:D] i reckon it will be a great car to drive but never driven an audi
so cant really compare the two.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Is it that much better than your chipped Tdi? Trying to decide if I want to cough up the extra for fuel
It's *different* if you get me. It is without a doubt quicker though... Just give one a blast and see what you think.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Me and sonny have both got a test drive on my brithday next week we'll be test driving the mk5 gti and r32 as our dealers have got 3 gtis all dsg and 2 r32's [:D] not bad for a 17 yr old going on 18 lol.
I dunno any 17/18 year that could afford either a GTI or an R without help from their parents and then actually manage to own it without landing it in a ditch/tree.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Well go on give it a go, I'm sure your allocated salesman at Coopers will be pleased to see you back again [:D] He'll be rubbing his hands together, GTi for 6 months then you'll be back for an R (well going on previous form [:p]).

Not that I'm suggesting that you are predictable or anything [6] I mean that conversion to the dirty stuff was right out of charactor. [;)]

·
Registered
554 Posts
My A3 was remapped so i didn't expect a great deal of difference but as Irish has said they are definetly quicker, if not by a great deal on paper they certainly feel it behind the wheel, the car always feels lighter and more responsive but at a price when you get to the pumps so all depends on your mileage or if your happy to roll with the extra expense then I don't think you will regret it, only one way to find out.......[:D]

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Me and sonny have both got
a test drive on my brithday next week we'll be test driving the mk5 gti
and r32 as our dealers have got 3 gtis all dsg and 2 r32's [:D] not bad
for a 17 yr old going on 18 lol.
I dunno any 17/18 year that could afford either a GTI or an R
without help from their parents and then actually manage to own it
without landing it in a ditch/tree.
Well now you do [:p] nah mate its just a test drive I couldn't even get
insured on a 2.0 non turbo gti mkiv because of my age thats why i had
to sell it and get a bloody corsa lol, its just going to be a bit of
harmless fun.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well now you do [:p] nah mate its just a test drive I couldn't even get insured on a 2.0 non turbo gti mkiv because of my age thats why i had to sell it and get a bloody corsa lol, its just going to be a bit of harmless fun.
LOL...like I said a test drive doesn't cost anything...

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Well now you do
[:p] nah mate its just a test drive I couldn't even get insured on a
2.0 non turbo gti mkiv because of my age thats why i had to sell it and
get a bloody corsa lol, its just going to be a bit of harmless fun.
LOL...like I said a test drive doesn't cost anything...
Damn right it doesn't going to go try a bmw M3 aswell hopefully but
have to go suited and booted for that test drive lol, got to look like
the executive type lol

Sat

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well go on give it a go, I'm sure your allocated salesman at Coopers will be pleased to see you back again [:D] He'll be rubbing his hands together, GTi for 6 months then you'll be back for an R (well going on previous form [:p]).

Not that I'm suggesting that you are predictable or anything [6] I mean that conversion to the dirty stuff was right out of charactor. [;)]
I know, I know, I know... Thing is my car's paid for in july and it's coming up for a year old in March so I'm thinking whatever I buy may need to be ordered. Although I'm not certain I'll change it yet but you never know!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts