Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ello there, new to the forum, as recommended by MissT16...

Just joined the dub scene buyin a '98 Mk4 GT TDi in greeeeeeeeen :)

Other car is a '99 Vectra, mildly modded.

Not out to make the car into a show stopper but certainly up for some meets, and to get some ideas on what to do and how to keep the lil mota running along nicely.

I use a couple of other sites, www.csoc.co.uk and www.vectra-sport.com

Look forward to many a chat about cars and other stuff..... Nice site btw ;)

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If it's this colour then you can join the bright green club within uk-mkivs too [:p]

Posted Image

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Woohoo, then im in !! [:)]

Thats the one, has it got an "official" name ?

Just in the process of cleaning mine up since getting it from the last owner. One panel a night so far lol.

Tryin to resist too many mods as its only meant to be for to and from work, but getting addicted already [:p]

Thanks for the welcome [:$]

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
More bright greens! Welcome to the club [<:eek:)]

Post some pics up in Members Rides....

The colour is Bright Green, and if you stick around here prepare to get more addicted to modding than you already are [;)]

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well fancy you being here....

its been ages!!!!!

lol

Cant wait to see you Tdi in the flesh...

[:D]

www.csoc.co.uk [;)]
hehe yeah its been ages hun lol.

Once its properly cleaned, the tints are on and the decent head unit is in I will bring it out to play, but for now, the weekend car of choice is the Vec still [:)]

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Il make cat right if ya stick around ya be moding it loads , i was only going to do a couple of small ones as thought car was ok as it was but now i got a full list i wana get done to mine in the summer

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Trust me I cant get much more addicted, the bank balance wont take it.

My last effort ended up looking like this,... www.cruise-south.co.uk/carimages/moody.jpg

Like I say the plan aint to go mad, just got to work out what my limit is, needs to remain practical for work etc, but there is plan to buy a new car mid winter, so might make that another Golf, who knows [:D]

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Trust me I cant get much more addicted, the bank balance wont take it.

My last effort ended up looking like this,... www.cruise-south.co.uk/carimages/moody.jpg

Like I say the plan aint to go mad, just got to work out what my limit is, needs to remain practical for work etc, but there is plan to buy a new car mid winter, so might make that another Golf, who knows [:D]
very nice looking motor [:)]

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello Mr. Snazy! how u doing? fancy seeing u here! lol
Imran !!! Dude !! Fancy seeing you ere... [:D]

As you may have noticed, I have added a Golf to the collection now, cool eh hehe.

Will have to catch up with you soon and get some ideas from ya. I can see this turning really messy and expensive soon lol.

Cheers for the comment on the Vectra (if its genuine [:)] )

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Hello Mr. Snazy! how u doing? fancy seeing u here! lol
Imran !!! Dude !! Fancy seeing you ere... [:D]

As you may have noticed, I have added a Golf to the collection now, cool eh hehe.

Will have to catch up with you soon and get some ideas from ya. I can see this turning really messy and expensive soon lol.

Cheers for the comment on the Vectra (if its genuine [:)] )
Use to have one so , yer i like it [:)]

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ah ha I see [:)] Fair play to ya.

I been working on that for a while now, nothing OTT all subtle, done the following.....

3.0 cams, 4 bar fuel reg, reworked inlet, 308mm oversized brakes, full magnex exhaust, reworked 25% enlarged throttle body, HID conversion, Kamei Grille, BK299's with 215-35-18 and a few other lil touches [:)]

Currently running about 215-220 bhp so puts a lil grin on my face, just needs the Dastak Unichip sorting out and I will be laughin..

Glad ya like it, I certainly do [:p]

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Ah ha I see [:)] Fair play to ya.

I been working on that for a while now, nothing OTT all subtle, done the following.....

3.0 cams, 4 bar fuel reg, reworked inlet, 308mm oversized brakes, full magnex exhaust, reworked 25% enlarged throttle body, HID conversion, Kamei Grille, BK299's with 215-35-18 and a few other lil touches [:)]

Currently running about 215-220 bhp so puts a lil grin on my face, just needs the Dastak Unichip sorting out and I will be laughin..

Glad ya like it, I certainly do [:p]
very nice looks like you done a few mods to it , think my vectra was the only car i didnt realy mod had a couple of minis , and a few others

had an smitar se5a 3.0L Gte v6 fewyears ago did a complete re-build on that had the shell off and everything , took me over a year to complete jesus that did fly once i finished it , i sold it after a year , then went to a show the following year and it was there and spoke to the bloke who bought it off me and he was telling me how much time he took to re-build it and how much he spent , then i said nicely to him i know mate i sold it to you last year in better condition than its in now dont you remeber lmao he went a little [:$]

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Snazy bud :) :)

How do you find the time with so many sites :) :)

You beat me in the welcome count anyway :) :)
I hardly use any sites these days, had my da on those I think.

I reckon u did ok for a lil fella [:p]

Lol I love it when people get sussed like that. A friend had a Nova a few years ago, mind blowing for its day, Kingdom bumper, 19's etc, and SO many people used to claim it was theirs it was unreal. lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts