Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my snap on torque wrench decided to fall apart in my hands on monday after i have owned it for 15 years..So i thought no problem its guarantee for life and..Give it to my snap on dealer who tells me they don't make these any Snap on torque wrenchs any more but will be me 50% of a blue point one..
I Explains to it hasn't worn out thou and its not my fault they have changed thier range pf torque wrenchs to electronic ones..but his answer was that is the best he can do...Am i within my rights to ask for a new one!!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Snap On dealers will try anything these days to get out of replacing stuff!! I would certainly have another go with the dealer, say thats not good enough etc, if that gets you no where contact the area manager, thats what I do with usualy good results [:D]

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
I think you are entitled to a new one

I used to use snap on years ago ,but our new dealer is a complete tool (no pun intended)[:DD]

They should give you the electronic one instead straight swap end of story

If you get it take the batterys out when not in use or they will go flat otherwise [Y]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Will never buy snap on again ! I had a few things which needed replacing and the dealer said he wouldnt replace them because they had been "Abused" now way do i abuse my tools and il gladly take my buisness elsewere . BRITOOL now gets my money. Stuff snap on.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
my snap on dealer is also poo, and syas that anymoving part tools arent lifetime warrentied.

luckilly i only buy the odd small hand tool off him

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I think you are entitled to a new one

I used to use snap on years ago ,but our new dealer is a complete tool (no pun intended)

They should give you the electronic one instead straight swap end of story

If you get it take the batterys out when not in use or they will go flat otherwise
Ah good to know its not just me who has to do that [:D]

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
demand a replacement.

you bought it with life time warrenty end of stroy.

its up to them to replace it to the same standard or free upgrade if not possible.

if you get no joy then ring another dealer or go to managers. etc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts