Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, i want to change my crystal side repeaters in the wings for smoked ones, does anyone know if vw make them?, if not what other brands would be good?, if you could supply a pic as well of them it would be appreciated!,

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hi Guys, i want to change my crystal side repeaters in the wings for smoked ones, does anyone know if vw make them?, if not what other brands would be good?, if you could supply a pic as well of them it would be appreciated!,

Thanks in advance.
good luck at finding some i tried ebay,awesome and another site all where not smoked.

before buying ask to see a proper picture of the repeaters.

i sprayed mine in the end.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I would also be interested in some of these. I have bought 'smoked' side repeaters from ebay before, they were not smoked when i received them, also looked cheap, and now have condensation in them! They are not the ones in your link btw, those look much better.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Da Cortez, thats what happened to me, they were listed as smoked side repeaters but had a stock photo and they looked clear, asked for a better picture of the actual item and they were pretty much white!

Some dillusional people out there.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I would also be interested in some of these. I have bought 'smoked' side repeaters from ebay before, they were not smoked when i received them, also looked cheap, and now have condensation in them! They are not the ones in your link btw, those look much better.
did you send them back? if not have a go at spraying them

·
Registered
471 Posts
Da Cortez, thats what happened to me, they were listed as smoked side repeaters but had a stock photo and they looked clear, asked for a better picture of the actual item and they were pretty much white!

Some dillusional people out there.
some of the repeaters i got sent where more clearer than the originals....funny how you dont here back from them either

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mmm, looks like its a bit of a minefield out there regarding the smoked repeaters, i,m surprised that the awesome ones were not good, as i was going to order them, maybe i,ll have to get mine sprayed as well, what do you think of the in-pro LED ones?, i think theyll look cool once theyve been sprayed.

Thanks

·
Registered
471 Posts
mmm, looks like its a bit of a minefield out there regarding the smoked repeaters, i,m surprised that the awesome ones were not good, as i was going to order them, maybe i,ll have to get mine sprayed as well, what do you think of the in-pro LED ones?, i think theyll look cool once theyve been sprayed.

Thanks
to be fair to awesome they have removed there item. they had to change suppliers apparently the old ones let in water

·
Registered
452 Posts
No, i didn't send them back, i just kept them as they were a great improvement on my lovely orange ones! lol!

Could spray them, is it just tint spray? Where can i get that?

Thanks.

·
Registered
471 Posts
No, i didn't send them back, i just kept them as they were a great improvement on my lovely orange ones! lol!

Could spray them, is it just tint spray? Where can i get that?

Thanks.
i had some black pearl and clear varnish left over from when i sprayed my brows...spray them from a distance and dont put to much pressure on the button only do a couple of lines right to left or vicer versa...i got the paint from vw for ?12....first attempt was shite i sprayed too close and ended up the same colour as the car...but could still see the indicator through it. my digi cam is fucked at the mo i will try and take some pics with my phone

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
after a quick search ive found these two:

Posted Image

which sells for ?15.99 and this one:

Posted Image

this one is for ?14.99 , in the pictur it does look smoked , so it should be , but if youve bought some and they wernt smoked as in the picture , then i guess i,ll have to go for the top one.

·
Registered
471 Posts

Posted Image

Posted Image

this one is for ?14.99 , in the pictur it does look smoked , so it should be , but if youve bought some and they wernt smoked as in the picture , then i guess i,ll have to go for the top one.
the bottom one was the ones that i kept finding but turned out to be clear

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ive found the part number for some vw ones, but i,ll have to order one to check if its smoked!, it says in the description that it is `darkened` the part number is 3b0 949 117c it requires a `dimmed` bulb part number N0177532 , i,ll see if my dealer has one in stock., the part number for the clear ones is different, so fingers crossed!.

Zak

·
Registered
207 Posts
Posted Image
Posted Image
the bottom one was the ones that i kept finding but turned out to be clear
I've got a pair that are similar to the bottom ones and they ARE indeed a black smoked colour. I can take pics for you later to prove it! I purchased them from ebay member handmade66
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-MK4-black-smoked-side-markers-indicators-BORA_W0QQitemZ8077321711QQihZ019QQcategoryZ14763QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And pics of em on my car:
http://www.geocities.com/gmchristofi/smoked1.jpg.txt
http://www.geocities.com/gmchristofi/smoked2.jpg.txt
http://www.geocities.com/gmchristofi/smoked3.jpg.txt

Their great, they dont fog up at all, also you dont need any orange coloured bulbs.

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Mate, they look great, exactly what i want!, lloks like i,ll place an order with handmade as well, you didnt have any problems with delivery did you?.

Thanks

·
Registered
404 Posts
Not sure if Vw make them but i wanted these off ebay but it ended soon,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&item=280002061965&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

These clear smoked ones seem hard to come across and look pretty much OEM.

Ebay also host a few of the cheaper kinds but they are not clear smoked and look cheap imo.

Let me know if you find some
these were my repeaters i bought thinking they were crystal black like the sales person said they were, but they are in fact very poor.

clear plastic at the front and black insides, changed back to standard ones.

hope maybe it might help your decision.

apparently ripspeed do some proper cyrstal smoked repeaters so ive been told.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thanks Mate, they look great, exactly what i want!, lloks like i,ll place an order with handmade as well, you didnt have any problems with delivery did you?.

Thanks
Took 3 days to get em, had to sign for it once it arrived, so dont let the fact the guys in Germany affect your descision!

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
apparently ripspeed do some proper cyrstal smoked repeaters so ive been told.
I went to halfords to look at the crystal black ones but they dont keep them in stock and the picture they showed me is exactly the same as the picture above, it has a black background and a clear lense, ive ordered one from vw to see what it looks like, hopefully it,ll be good, otherwise i,ll order them from `handmade66`, or alternatively spray mine , as i have the tint spray lying around somewhere.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts