Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

Right, basically i'm looking for a set of Angel eyes, or even stand smoked front lights for my car. Now i've come across these 2 off ebay. I aint a great ebay fan, but i'm tempted at these prices. If anyone could comment of these types, if they have fitted them? ease of doing so etc? I've read a few posts on the wiring of the Angel Eyes. I'm not too concerned about that, jus the acutally quality of product.

If you guys also know of any other reputable places I could buy some from (smoked front lights, don't really have to be angel eyes), i'd like to hear from you please!

Thanks again here are the two i've found!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8029778371&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4605589680&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
basically they are both cheaper because they are single angel eyes and not the double ones

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
right ok cool, i get ya. im not too concerned about that. so they will be ok? what about alternative places to buy just plain smoked headlights?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
i believe awesome gti do proper smoked angels but they may only be for LHD cars?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeh i seen them mate, what a bummer! have u got a pair or fx's or smoked oens buy nechance, if u do wer u get em from if u dont mind me asking

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
i have smoked FK double angle eyes - had them from ICJ performace - very good price and service - free delivery (good price partly because i bought a milltek exhaust at the same time though)

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sounds good mate, u got a website i could visit maybe? if they got ne other nice bits and bobs i might as well hustle dem!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks alot for your help mate. very much appreciated, small favour, do you have a pic of the front of your car showing the headlights by any chance?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
soz i just thort of another question before i just order them. inside the golf, theres is rolling switch that lets you adjust the headlamp height low or high, i'm guessing this wont work anymore once fk headlights are fitted? 159.00 aint bad for the double angel eyes!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
im not sure about the roller swith thingy - good point - it may work i dont know?

i havent fitted mine yet - i will do it at same time as r32 kit, next week i hope

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nice 1. r32 kit will look sweet. just found a group buy on anni lights, the rolling switch should work with them as they original hopefully. were u get ur r32 kit from? im in the process of turning my car into an anni, but if an r32 is possible at a gud price. i'll pay !

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
let me get mine first and ill tell you how good it is - its not an original so ill check it out first, me and my friend are going into business (well thats the plan) of selling good quality copied kits, so i may be able to sort you out for a very very good price. - ill let you know in a few days.

and give pics when its on my car - 2weeks or so, so i hope you aint in a rush!!!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol no worries mate! jus scared i mite spend the car money on something else! but i can hold tite, is the weekend enough! lol

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
For the "rolling switch" to work you need to take the high adjusting motors out of your old lights and install them in new lights - not sure if the FKs take them.

My addvice would be save the few extra quid and go for the hella celis upgrade - you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The FK`s do take the motor for the rheostat switch to adjust the hieght of the beam from inside as they have the wiring in there just need the motors

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks for the help guys, yeh i seen the new hella ones, nice but i rather not spend that much as i'm just looking for the smoked look, which i have found thanks to mike at vwspeed! rep anni lights that take the motors! woohoo fab price

1 - 19 of 19 Posts