Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of buying one of these as a second car

just had a leaflet through from virgin cars offering one for ?6400

What do you think of them? - heard they can be chipped :)

Thanks

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Have a test drive - the gearboxes are very odd (read my test drive of the roadster)

I think they can be chipped to 80bhp or so - I followed one yesterday and they are very nippy indeed [:D]

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just ordered it - going to use it as my company car with my business logo /details on it.. lots of upgrades, even hybrid turbos - must resist the temptation on this car :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
LIAMH,

I`m very interested in the deal offered by Virgin,

Is it a UK car?

Is it supplied by a UK dealer?

What`s the warranty supplied with it?

What delivery time have you been quoted?

Can you choose all the factory options?

You can PM me if you like but 6,400 is a pretty good price, I`m thinking of getting one for the `other half`

Cheers Simon

·
Registered
55 Posts
My fiancee has one, it's top fun - like a tall go-kart [:D]

The seats are even comfy on long journeys and will happily cruise on the motorway all day at 80mph (hers is unchipped)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been checking out some smart forums and i found a post of another virgin customer who ordered on the same day in the same colour picked it up on saturday - they only had PHAT RED and white left

Here are some pics

http://www.funkysmart.co.uk/uploaded/wispamint/200482151138_smartpic1.JPG

http://www.funkysmart.co.uk/uploaded/wispamint/200482151312_smartpic2.JPG

i had picked up a catalog from my local mercedes / smart dealer and i saw they have 2 option for the interior colour, i asked the girl what colour the interior was and she said grey.....from the pics this guy has posted you can see it not grey - not sure about the red - what do u think

Simon S3

They are pre- registered

MK7 700 CC Passion model

Air con as standard

they come with the 2 year warranty

Can't choose the options as they are already pre-registered

Its a great price as far and i can see and from the used car prices i've its a bargain

Taking it straight to be chipped at http://www.smartsrus.com/ - 84 bhp, more than the brabus

[:)][:)]

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Picked it yesterday - managed to get a silver one with grey interior instead of the red at no extra cost

I'm really pleased with it - the gearbox is a little odd, bit jerky on some gear changes but its got a nice little mid range punch in 2nd, 3rd and 4th, i think its a bargain at ?6399 - i see you can order a 54 reg passion for ?6200 from virgin now

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yep, been looking at the Virgin site a lot, did the deal go as planned? Would you buy from them again?

Cheers Simon.

PS How did you manage to get silver for the same price as red?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep they were good

just be a bit carefull when ordering - if its pre-registered

try to make sure what interior it has because the red interior isn't very nice - its more an orangy kind of colour - another customer was picking up a silver one at the same time and he got one with the red interior.

From the paperwork it looks like it was supplied from a Mercedes dealer in York.

They are nippy brings out the hooligan more than the Golf...lol

i was sat next to a new rolls royce yesterday, its the first time i've seen one in the flesh as well, Huge - would have been nice to get a photo, must have looked quite funny [:)][:)]

·
Registered
64 Posts
LIAMH,

Have you got the second key from Virgin yet?

I heard that sometimes they can`t supply it and customers have been charged around 80 quid by Smart for a replacement.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Have loads of fun. As odd as they are, they're still great little motors.

I've driven virtually all models of Smarts as my cousin has had more than quite a few plus his mate works for MB.

LOL! Anyhow, I once drove a Brabus fortwo Coupe to Oldham from London without stopping at all. Then stayed in Oldham for 20-30 mins and drove it back non stop again. GREAT FUN!

He's got a little Brabus roadster now.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Makes you appreciate the Golf more as well

Hadn't drove my Golf for over a week - and it feels great jumping back into it...the seats feel excellent, the R32 steering wheel is perfect

hardly no body roll.....and so quick :)

·
Registered
875 Posts
Now you have had the Smart for a little while. How is the build quality of the interior? Especially in terms of rattles and squeaks?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts