Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a lot of people with small wing mirrors.

Where do you get them from?

I'm over in Romania @ the moment and have seen small ones on the right hand side of mk-ivs.

Where would I be able to get the left hand one?

Cheers

Dan

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers fella.

As I say I can get a genuine vw right hand one, i would also like a genuine left hand one.

Thanks

Dan

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
Not at all mate [:)] The passenger side mirror is a Jap only item - luckily I found a German eBay seller that had a couple. I know Shaq can get these for you though at a great price

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OH! it's like that is it fella's

I was only tying with the idea, I quite like the standard mirrors.

Poss the Anni one's though.

See some of you tomorrow.

Dan

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Hello

I was drunk when I posted that but either anni or r32 look ok you can also go jap spec which are very small OEM or VAG parts do the anni stuff Jap will be e-bay or pm mike tdi as he has them ?

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
Yes mate - they are identical to the OEM 175mm glass width mirror, ie blue tinted, heated and electrically adjustable - but they are a miniscule 125mm width. It is only the passenger side that is Jap spec, any European mk4 passenger mirror will do for a UK driver side, but be warned unless you're a shorta*se like me you might struggle with visibility as they don't adjust out the same as a proper RHD mirror would

Just for reference the R32 / Anniversary mirrors are half way at 150mm glass width

here's a quick pic of the OEM Jap spec mirror

Posted Image

·
Registered
99 Posts
Nice pic..... Think that I may have to invest in a pair of the 125mm mirrors after seeing those. Where is the best place to get them from? Can you get them direct from VW or are they cheaper from elsewere? I only ask because I know that you can get hold of other european or jap spec parts from my local dealer in Blackburn?

Cheers in advance for the info!!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts