Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking at my car maintenance and modding spreadsheet makes for some interesting reading. Apart from the fact I have now blown £7K on this car, it's the time between buying stuff and fitting it that is, um, eye-opening [:|]

So who's UK-MKIV's slowest modder? Here's my stats:

• K&N panel filter: bought 15 Jul 2004, fitted 24 Jul 2004
  • H&R coilovers: bought 3 Oct 2004, fitted rears 13 Nov 2004, fitted fronts 13 Dec 2004
  • Powerflex bushes: bought 15 Nov 2004, fitted gradually from 11 Dec 2004 to 21 Dec 2005
  • S3 lower strut brace: bought 23 Aug 2005, fitted 27 Aug 2005 (OK this must be a record...)
  • Milltek exhaust: bought 8 Dec 2005, still not fitted as of 2 Oct 2006...
  • H&R rear anti-roll bar: bought 9 Jan 2006, fitted 21 Apr 2006
  • VF Engineering ARB drop links: bought 25 Feb 2006, fitted 20 Apr 2006
  • EIP dog bone mount: bought 5 Apr 2006, fitted 10 Jun 2006

I just can't seem to fit stuff immediately, I have to look at it, admire it, get to know it inside-out.

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
I dont understand how you can buy stuff and just leave it, whenever i buy something, it must go on straight away............in most cases! [;)]

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Milltek exhaust: bought 8 Dec 2005, still not fitted as of 2 Oct 2006

I just can't seem to fit stuff immediately, I have to look at it, admire it, get to know it inside-out.
So you have admired and got to know your milltek exhaust inside-out for over a year eh?! [:p]

·
Registered
795 Posts
I think it might be me:

Bought my wheels in june 2004 and still not fitted

my suspension has been sitting on my floor for about 5 months.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
No no no, not that joke again please. It's been sitting on the floor under my desk at work!
So you have admired and got to know your milltek exhaust inside-out for over a year under your desk at work eh?! [:p]

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I bought a Turbo Intake Pipe in march and an eliminator valve. They have been on and off the car twice. Cant be arsed to put it back on though as the guys at the stealer wont like them being there when they are doing warranty work. Car feels better for having them on though.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No no no, not that joke again please. It's been sitting on the floor under my desk at work!
So you have admired and got to know your milltek exhaust inside-out for over a year under your desk at work eh?! [:p]
Somebody pass me a shovel.

I'm a site engineer OK, I'm never at my desk [:p]

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Somebody pass me a shovel.

I'm a site engineer OK, I'm never at my desk [:p]
OK - So you are a site engineer who has admired and got to know his milltek exhaust inside-out for over a year, under his desk at work.

Almost spat my tea out writing that! Site rhymes with something else that is apt in this pisstake [:p]

·
Super Moderator
8,768 Posts
I think I'm going to be the slowest modder. I've had my car since May '99 and haven't modded.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Forge SMIC - Dec 05

Rims - May 05

Tyres - June 05

N75J - Summer 04

S3 Lower Strut Brace - Err.. some time in early 05 I think !

All still waiting for fitment ! [:$]

·
Registered
501 Posts
One of the first mods I bought for the golf was blue door leds from Foxy, that was back in 2002.  Sold the car in Aug 2006 and they still weren't fitted!!

·
Registered
401 Posts
I bought some anni side skirts over 2 years ago which have never even
been sprayed let alone put on the car... I think they've found their
way into the loft so I probably wont get them down until I move!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts