Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Jay V6 for initiating interest, so here it is !

An evening meet is best for me and I think it should be somewhere brightly lit.

Proposed locations for eve meet:-

1, Slough tesco's (aka terminal 5) the underground / under the store car park; plenty of space and very very brightly lit. Favourite location as the weather makes no difference.

2, Windsor... can't think of anywhere to be honest that is well lit ?

3, Maidenhead, the new retail park where Halfords / Homebase is, outdoors but well lit.

If an eve meet can't be decided then weekend locations could be :-

1, Maidenhead shire horse centre (on the A4 just off the M4 / A404

2, Somewhere quiet on the Slough trading estate (maybe near the place they filmed the opening shots to the office)

3, Windsor ?? Again don't know as it does get very crowded and touristy ?

As for times / dates, I'm sure not everyone can make it when the others can etc, so I'll state my preference now and hopefully if there is enough interest it could be a regular thing.

To start how about this Friday eve from about 8.00 to 10.00 ?

or

This Sat from about 10.00am to 12.00pm ?

Location = by discussion.

·
Registered
99 Posts
im based in reading so it would only be a short trip for me. i havent been to a meet yet, it would be good to meet up with some peeps, this weekend would be a no tho, i could do fridy the 18th or the 25/26th

·
Registered
409 Posts
I'd be up for this in any of those locations. Is it to soon for tomorrow as suggested? 25th/26th also good for me.

Don't worry anamorphic. My car isn't modded either, but its' good to meet with simularly interested people near by, I think.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thursday 24th 20.00 hours Tesco's Slough anyone.

Friday might be a little busy with err people shopping unless we go for 21.00 on Friday

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Id be up for it on thursday but personally dont think tesco is the best location. how about the b&q/mcdonalds on the bath road?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I agree the Tesco is always so busy...

Any chance to make it the B&Q / Mc D's on the Bath road?

Thursday at 20.00 is fine for me aswell...

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hey guys, I'll pop down for this one with another forum member
'splendub'. 2 silver mk4's [Y] and maybe also 'R1GTi' in a very slow
black skip.

May i suggest that if it's raining on the night then Tescos would be the better option.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I might be up for Thursday! Will have to see how work pans out - no time to wash though so will be the usual motorway filth I'm developing a rep for [;)]

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
sounds good the new tesco`s is always choc-a-block, bath road is fine count me in :) better wrap up!!

anyone know exactly where as its a big car park?

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Id say close to Mcdonalds as its easiest to see, but thats just me.  I also think they close off the rest of it later at night but the mcdonalds bit is open up until they close which i presume is quite late.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good good,

Lots of interest here.

B&Q car park though ?

Tesco's car park is huge, there will be room at the back and it is stunningly well lit much my prefered choice for an eve meet.

.....But i'll go with the flow otherwise i'll be at Tescos on my own.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts