Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd post this up to gauge interest in having a meet sometime over the holiday period ?

Nothing spectacular, just the normal type of turning up at some car park, monging about for a few hours talking about our cars.

I hope the usual suspects can turn up and it would be nice to see some new people as well.

Anyway, what are your thoughts with regard to time and location ?

My thoughts are....

1, Meet at B&Q Slough

then

2, Convoy to Winter Hill for some piccies.

then

3, Convoy back to Tesco Slough for Krispy Cremes & Coffee

1,2 & 3 all-in over maybe 2-3 hours.

Any other ideas / input most welcome !

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Open to suggestions on the date, maybe the weekend between xmas and new year?

·
Registered
703 Posts
sounds good to me too depending on dates - i should be back in w.london from cardiff.

of course it depends if you guys mind having a non-VW owner i've sold my Bora now.

Anyhow, i live not far from slough so would be good to see some well maintained dubs.

Inaam

·
Registered
738 Posts
Yeah def be up for this! As im quite new this will be 1st meet[:)]. im in wycombe so shouldne be problem. Wouldnt sat 30th be really really busy meaning lack of places to park up? But yeah sounds good! [:p]

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
would be up for this, i'm always busy on every meet date so far! so probably will be too now, i've been trying this for a year now and still not made one

depending on when it is i'm in!

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok peeps,

How about Friday, early evening extending into evening.

Slough isn't ging to be the most central point if we've got people coming from Reading / Wycombe. I also forget to mention Bracknell, any peeps coming from there ? So any ideas as to location much appreciated. A multistorey car park would probably be best as it would be lit and under cover.

Any better ideas most welcome.

Having said that, the big Tesco's with attached Donut shop does appeal as it's both under cover and lit and has donuts.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Im opem to offers! im willing to travel so slough is okay! theres Sainsburys in wyc which has multistory car park so that could be possible car park? (Sorry posible speeling mistakes as i'm slightly intoxiatded in! [:D] Oh by the way HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts