Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 354 Posts

·
World's Laziest Wheel Refurber
4,020 Posts
So, after falling out of love with the Golf too many times to count, I finally made the decision to sell up and get something different. My entire car history has all been VAG, and I just felt I needed a change, but at least its still German
emotion-1.gif

8865380936_df1b6088e0_b.jpg

8865380196_2621cb81d0_b.jpg

8865379416_3a939825b4_b.jpg

8864770919_9603945086_b.jpg

I haven't got too many plans for this, its just going to go lower to get rid of the horrible arch gap, and place some nice wheels on it. And the obvious one of keep it clean, and take lots of photos of it
emotion-1.gif

And this is probably going to be less of a build thread, and more of a pic whore thread
new-chuckle.gif

·
Registered
843 Posts
I've always had a soft spot for these, thought they were infinitely better than the first Z4 looks wise. I just love the length of the bonnet!

What engine have you got in this one? Hope its a straight 6... :D

·
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its only a little 1.9 4pot, but it still makes a lovely noise though

I have to say, I was never a big fan, but they've grown on me, and after seeing Zi's and all the stanced ones stateside, they do look amazing when done properly.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I'll bet it still sounds great mate. The beemers all seem to, no matter what engine!

With a little but I'd work like you've mentioned you'll have a great looking car, and with the roof down, even better!

·
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote user="timbomfg"]

Guess i probably shouldn't link you to this....

[/quote]

Balls

[quote user="Jschollar"]

I'll bet it still sounds great mate. The beemers all seem to, no matter what engine!

With a little but I'd work like you've mentioned you'll have a great looking car, and with the roof down, even better!

[/quote]

Its been sunny all afternoon, so the roof has been down
The noise is even better then!

·
King Dogger
13,907 Posts
Yay new build thread!

Peer pressure for the win. Once it's lowered on some nice wheels it'll be a whole new car.. it'll never be a decent drive in terms of power, don't bother with the engine unless it was for a swap I reckon

LOWZ AND BIMMER RIMZ.

·
Registered
843 Posts
This!! ^^

[quote user="sil53"]

[quote user="Jschollar"]

[/quote]

Its been sunny all afternoon, so the roof has been down
The noise is even better then!

[/quote]

It's been persisting it down here all day, made the most of it at the weekend though, but the nearest thing I've got to a convertible is a motorbike...

Look forward to seeing this progress, some food for thought for you, I'd go black kidney grills and handles, leave the pillars silver, clear/smoked side repeaters, wheels, lows and camber. Oh and then a charger...

·
Diesel Geek
4,089 Posts
[quote user="xJay1337"]

Yay new build thread!

Peer pressure for the win. Once it's lowered on some nice wheels it'll be a whole new car.. it'll never be a decent drive in terms of power, don't bother with the engine unless it was for a swap I reckon

LOWZ AND BIMMER RIMZ.

[/quote]

Not an expert on BMW's other than baiting them on the motorway
but from talking to friends who have had them it is easy to completely screw up the handling by chasing stance. Doing the whole poke and stance bit on these plus keeping it going round corners requires a bit of research as we have bends in our roads on this side of the pond.

It isn't just a case of throwing a set of JOMs on it and away you go.

Simon, what I'm saying is before you spend any money on getting the ride height you want make sure you have done your homework or you could end up easily ruining the way the car handles.

Sorry boring old man bit over...... Hope you are enjoying the tail end drifty bit

·
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[quote user="xJay1337"]

Yay new build thread!

LOWZ AND BIMMER RIMZ.

[/quote]

Haha...peer pressure sucks. But seeing as how its on like 5 different forums, I figured copy and paste

I'm not fussed about performance. Its all about the impractical lows

[quote user="Jschollar"]

It's been persisting it down here all day, made the most of it at the weekend though, but the nearest thing I've got to a convertible is a motorbike...

Look forward to seeing this progress, some food for thought for you, I'd go black kidney grills and handles, leave the pillars silver, clear/smoked side repeaters, wheels, lows and camber. Oh and then a charger...

[/quote]

It was predicted rain all day, but it cleared about 3 so down went the roof

We'll see. I'm going to leave the chrome bits for now, and see in a couple of weeks/months

[quote user="Booster"]

Not an expert on BMW's other than baiting them on the motorway
but from talking to friends who have had them it is easy to completely screw up the handling by chasing stance. Doing the whole poke and stance bit on these plus keeping it going round corners requires a bit of research as we have bends in our roads on this side of the pond.

It isn't just a case of throwing a set of JOMs on it and away you go.

Simon, what I'm saying is before you spend any money on getting the ride height you want make sure you have done your homework or you could end up easily ruining the way the car handles.

Sorry boring old man bit over...... Hope you are enjoying the tail end drifty bit
[/quote]

Meh, someone has to be sensible

Its not going stupidly low to start with, just low enough to make the arch gap more respectable. I can get my fist in there, with room to spare

But I get what you mean. From what I understand at the moment, these are a lot more adjustable than the mk4s.

Done my first mod today aswell. Swapped the massive aerial for the Polo one off the Golf. Much improved

·
Fritzel Basement Development LTD
3,362 Posts
Interesting purchase Si, they look great with Dish and Lows. Might see it at Homegrown?

·
No longer a Dubber
8,211 Posts
I've a 1er Coupe. The difference in the build over my Golf is almost funny. Is your Z3 the same?

1 - 20 of 354 Posts