Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finaly done it !!![<:eek:)]

Just ordered it via tinta net, ?49 for SKY+ & free installation, taken Family & Movies package which gets you the first 3month @ half price = ?18.00

·
Registered
965 Posts
Well done, shame I did not know I could of recommended you and we could of got ?50!!!

I love Sky+ and can't imagine life without it, your gonna love it!

[:)]

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Got mine 2 weeks ago and love it.........

but

do yourself a big favour and request a Pace or Thomson box, the Amstrad ones are bloody terrible.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
nice one, you won't regret it.

you got a decent price there!

yeah the pace boxes are good

and yu can alwasy upgrade it with a bigger hard drive if you want to - 300Gb Sky+ anyone??

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spec of the box is going to be PACE.

I've got the old SKY Digital box & dish left over by my missus when she did a runner, so I'm gona sell that on ebay [<:eek:)], it should help towrds paying off the ??? she owes me [:mad:]

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can dishes be user-installed?
Just follow the line that everybody else in your street is pointing [:D]

The guy 2 doors up has this greatbig dish on his house which moves, I'm sure you have to have planning permission for it, its that big..... all you can hear on a summer night is "nrrrrrrrr..(it stops)...nrrrrrr.... click..(finds crap foreign channel)[:mad:]

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Can dishes be user-installed?
Yes, but dont expect your Sky engineer to be happy about it when/if he visits your house.

My Dad put ours up when we moved in, and when the Sky engineer came 2
weeks ago to install Sky+ he refused to use the dish... thankfully he
was a top bloke and put us a new one up for free[:D]

·
Registered
697 Posts
You need an LNB with at least 2 outputs, i think the ones they install have four, the  normal sky lnb is only 1.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I've finaly done it !!![<:eek:)]

Just ordered it via tinta net, ?49 for SKY+ & free installation, taken Family & Movies package which gets you the first 3month @ half price = ?18.00
We got this 3 months ago now,and we have had the full package since day 1,even though the paperwork we signed was not including the sports channels! It's a way of sky making you realise what you'll miss if you change down to what you originally choose. Just beware that you could end up having the full package for ?43 a month. Having said that,we've kept the full package as the sports and movies are pretty good!Enjoy!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I want sky+ but loathed to pay the price of ?260......[:mad:] I have only been a customer of theres for 6 years and they only give discount to new customers...[:mad:][:mad:][:mad:]

·
Registered
643 Posts
Excellent stuff - you won't regret it - glad you've got a Pace box - we had a brand new Amstrad box when it was originally installed a year ago and the box was replaced for a Pace one within 2 weeks as the Amstrad box was knackered!

Really useful having the live pause facility - you'll wonder how you lived without it [:)]

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi Chris

Was that with multiroom?? Also did that include install?? How did you do it?? Every time i phone they just say no....[:(]

·
Registered
794 Posts
But do you still need it plugged into a telephone line?

I dont want a land line in the house and sky always said you need it plugged into a telephone before they will come out and do the install

Big rip off

1 - 20 of 37 Posts