Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd post a few updated pics of my Skoda.

Mods so far:-

Jabbasport remap,

Eibach springs & dampers,

Custom strut brace,

312mm front discs & calipers conversion,

Debadged tailgate & door side mouldings removed,

9N Polo rear aero wiper,

6000K DS2 Xenon bulb upgrade.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice, I want one! Are those the original calipers or did you paint the TT ones green? What kind of bhp is that producing now? Must be near the 180 mark...

Love it, looks mint.
TT calipers are painted with smooth Hammerite green & it's a very close match to the original green!

Remap has pushed it to around 180bhp & 300lb.ft! Needs a FMIC now, to stop the ECU pulling the boost back when it gets hot!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very sweet! i love those vRS' Bet it shifts now!

can u not fit front aero wipers of the polo?
The torque is unbelieveable. It's surprised quite a few people.

Unfortunately, the Polo front aero wipers won't fit the Fabia. The arms hit the bonnet edge, apparently.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I really like it and fancy one myself if I can get one cheap enough with the same options as you plus the airbags and rear head rest.

What sort of change in accelaration and mpg does the remap give and is it invisible to the stealers cpu's?

Nice car [:)]

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really like it and fancy one myself if I can get one cheap enough with the same options as you plus the airbags and rear head rest.

What sort of change in accelaration and mpg does the remap give and is it invisible to the stealers cpu's?

Nice car [:)]
Change in accelaration is amazing! It impressed a mate who owns a TVR Griffith!! As far as economy is concerned, I'm still getting 45-50mpg when driving as normal, but it will drop below 40mpg if you drive like a nutter all the time.

Had my 10K service about a month ago & the dealer said nothing. It can't be detected by the usual scan tools.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Like I said, I am considering one right now as my next car. How come you changed your Xenons to a different K bulb?

Your car does not look as if it is lowered that much tbh. My only criticisms of the Fabia (and remember I am still almost buying one so they don't matter too much) are the way the front looks, the suspension height and the like it or lump it interior colour which I am afaid will get stained.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Like I said, I am considering one right now as my next car. How come you changed your Xenons to a different K bulb?

Your car does not look as if it is lowered that much tbh. My only criticisms of the Fabia (and remember I am still almost buying one so they don't matter too much) are the way the front looks, the suspension height and the like it or lump it interior colour which I am afaid will get stained.
Factory xenon bulbs are 4300K which are good, but I wanted the more bluey white look similar to BMWs, Mercs, etc.

Standard 4300K bulbs

Posted Image

6000K bulbs

Posted Image

The Eibach springs drop it 25mm lower than standard, which I think is just right, as I drive it to & from work every day. I'll try & find a pic of the standard height. Coilovers will drop it even lower if required, but they are expensive.

Front end looks - well, you either love it or hate!

With a good going over with some ScotchGuard, the interior can be wiped with a damp cloth if it gets stained.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Yikes! Landrover city! Wayyyy to high as standard.

The price of those bulbs makes the Xenon option even more expensive. I am really surprised they went for white rather than blue/white light from those bulbs.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nice one jon

still think it needs big wheels tho!.........?
When I got the car, I was going to put 17" Octavia vRS wheels on, but now I've grown to like the standard ones better.

Plus, I don't want to upset the ride now, as it's spot on for a daily driver.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What you need now is the headlamp eyebrows , look soooo good on the Black Magic. mmmmm

Nice car!

Sarah
Ermm.......I think'll pass on the eyebrow thanks Sarah!

Might be in touch soon about acquiring a Milltek, if the guys on Briskoda get their fingers out on this group buy!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts